FS: I'iwi Custom Mango Tenor (#1621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
I just bought this lovely mango I'iwi tenor (built in 2016, late in the year I believe) a few weeks ago from a motivated, local seller. It's love in tone, aesthetics and craftsmanship. The neck is a little thinner than prefer and as I have far too many tenors, I'm willing to re-home this if I can recover what I paid. I paid $2,250, so looking for $2,250 net of any fees, plus shipping. New these go for $3,250 or more.

Specifications:

* Tenor scale, dreadnaught body shape
* Hawaiian curly mango top and sides
* Mango and macassar ebony back
* Ebony fretboard and bridge
* Three abalone rosettes
* Abalone position diamonds
* Mahogany neck
* Gotoh UPT geared tuning keys
* Hand-rubbed gloss finish
* Crossrock 800 hardshell case

It's in excellent condition with no visible marks. I did clean/condition the fretboard and changed the strings to Oasis Low G. I think it sounds best in C tuning (my other tenors are generally tuned Bb but C works well here, probably because of the dreadnaught body shape).

Here is the original HMS listing and sound sample:

https://www.theukulelesite.com/i-iwi-custom-mango-tenor-1621.html

Thanks, Eddie

Last edited:
I am very much interested in your I'iwi Tenor. I live in Burlingame. Are you close by? I look forward to hearing from you. Marylene.

Last edited:
I am very much interested in your I'iwi Tenor. I live in Burlingame. Are you close by? I look forward to hearing from you. Marylene 650/342-5004

Hello, @Marylene. I'm in Santa Monica which is in the Los Angeles area. I have one person coming to look at it in person today. If he doesn't buy it, I will move to the next firm commitment. Several people have expressed "interest". I'm not sure what that means, LOL. Let me know if you have questions or if you want to buy it if he doesn't. You can PM me or email me at eddiemonnier at me dot com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom