"Life On Mars" - Ukulele Solo.

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score
David Bowie was a great influence musically on me. His song " Life on Mars" beautifully arranged by the late Mick Ronson is such a classic.

I hope you enjoy my arrangement of Life on Mars played on an Ohana TK35G with low G tuning!
Mike.

Hi Lapyang, Thank you Cool!:cool:

I have been living under a rock. The first time I heard this song was at Uke Jam.
I have no idea you can play finger style with this one. Nicely played. Throughly enjoyed it. Thank you for posting !

Hi Brenda, I am not sure if David Bowie was just a UK phenomena. After the Beatles split up it was Bowie that ignited the youth of the UK. He was a huge influence on teenagers in the early 70s. This was the ground breaking video created by Mick Rock. Massively over exposed but looks fantastic............great and well worth a watch if you have never seen it!

Mike

Mike, do you remember SAM the Record Man on Yonge street ? Poster of David Bowie was always on display. I just never really paid attention to his songs. I was more into classical guitar and soft music . David Bowie was definitely an icon here in North America.

Mike, do you remember SAM the Record Man on Yonge street ? Poster of David Bowie was always on display. I just never really paid attention to his songs. I was more into classical guitar and soft music . David Bowie was definitely an icon here in North America.
Brenda, I have never heard of SAM the record Man!!!! I thought David Bowie would be well known in North America!
I don't think classical guitar or soft music was on my radar when I had my Les Paul strapped on plugged into my Marshall Stack.........there was no hope for me really! :D

Wow, this is fabulous Mike, great arrangement and wonderful playing mate :D
Thanks Campbell. It was not a 5 minute effort to work this out. It was an ongoing work in progress for a few weeks. In the end I was glad when I recorded it and put it to bed! I think you will know what I mean!!!!!!

Brenda, I have never heard of SAM the record Man!!!! I thought David Bowie would be well known in North America!
I don't think classical guitar or soft music was on my radar when I had my Les Paul strapped on plugged into my Marshall Stack.........there was no hope for me really! :D

40642426691_1e7b407dd3_c.jpg
[/url]201737-sams-sign.jpg-resize_then_crop-_frame_bg_color_FFF-h_1365-gravity_center-q_70-preserve_ratio_true-w_2048_ by Brenda Lee, on Flickr[/IMG]

Brilliant playing buddy. I am VERY green with envy at your ability. Thanks for posting.
Regards, Dave

Top Bottom