MIJ Gold Label Kamaka Soprano For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Madsen

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Several months ago I was looking for a Kamaka soprano and was contacted by a fellow UU'er. This one is mint. looks like it had been sealed in a time capsule! I think the original buyer bought it as a souvenir, came home and put it in the closet for 46 years.

It has the original Kamaka strings (in good shape), the Kamaka sales receipt from 1971, a Mel Bay uke book, an extra set of original Kamaka strings, a tuning pipe, and the original box it came in. A case didn't come with it but will be packed well.

It was made in Japan (Kamaka did this in the 60s/70s to keep up with demand and combat forgeries), but it is a koa model, not mahogany, and was sold in the Kamaka shop in Hawaii. According to Stan, this is a rare upgraded model that may have been a prototype for one Kamaka was thinking about having made in Japan. It is perfect for a collector of Kamakas or someone wanting something different. There is not a scratch on it.

$375.00, shipped CONUS. I'm selling because I'm down sizing to make room for new instruments arriving soon.

The photos were taken by the person I bought it from and shown with his permission.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YyqdxJpNb91dn0h82

If interested, pm me or if any questions post here.

Thanks, Patrick

Attachments

• IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom