Mainland Concert (rosewood w/red cedar top)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shastastan

Reaction score
LAST DAY IS TODAY FOR $185. If no sale, then I'm giving it to my daughter for her birthday next month. Thanks. Last day is April 30th.

It’s time for me to say goodbye to my Mainland Concert uke that never gets played. This uke was purchased from Uke Republic in 2013 for $305 with a Vineyard Case (see pics). It has geared tuners. I had a strap button installed on the bottom at our local shop. I’ve only played it a few times but to me the tone and resonance are fantastic. I guess I just wanted to try a concert from Mainland since my Mainland tenor also has a nice tone. The wood is rosewood, and mahogany with a red cedar top. It is the most attractive uke that I’ve ever owned. The strings are either Living Waters or Phd’s? The saddle came unglued and I had it repaired by a luthier for $75. The setup was done by Uke Republic I’m selling it for $215. Buyer pays shipping, but I will pay for the insurance portion. PM me for further info. I use PayPal. Sorry no non-USA orders. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• concert3 w.jpg
    concert3 w.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 215
  • concert4 w.jpg
    concert4 w.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 216
  • concert2 w.jpg
    concert2 w.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 172
  • concert1 w.jpg
    concert1 w.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Very Cool. Much like my Mainland Soprano that I'm also trying to sell. Good Luck!

The saddle came unglued and I had it repaired by a luthier for $75.

Was it the saddle or the nut that came unglued? I ask because my lovely Mainland (also cedar/rosewood, but a tenor) has a nut that was never glued on--only string tension holds it place. Most saddles I've seen aren't glued, but usually held in by friction from their slot in the bridge.

I gave away my only concert as a Christmas present to my mother-in-law. This one is tempting!

Was it the saddle or the nut that came unglued? I ask because my lovely Mainland (also cedar/rosewood, but a tenor) has a nut that was never glued on--only string tension holds it place. Most saddles I've seen aren't glued, but usually held in by friction from their slot in the bridge.

I gave away my only concert as a Christmas present to my mother-in-law. This one is tempting!

It was the saddle and a total surprise when I opened the case and discovered it. I'm a woodworker but not a luthier. The guy at the the music store told me that I could fix it myself with Titebond II. He's a pro guitar player and does minor repairs but contracts out other stuff to a luthier. I was a chicken to do it myself because I was worried about squeeze out and I don't have any clamps that would hold the saddle in place until the glue dried. I'm not sure that Titebond II would be the right glue to use either for that purpose--even though I've never had a failed glue joint with it. It took a few weeks to get the uke back, but it looks and sounds fine now. If it doesn't sell on here in a few weeks, I'll give it to my daughter. I'm going to a uke club meeting tonight and someone there might be interested also. I'll show them pic on my phone rather than take that uke to the meeting. I may take my Mainland tenor though.

Please note: April 28th will be the last day for this Mainland Concert. Price has been lowered to $200. Thanks!

Okay. New Price = $185 through April 30th, but that's the last day.

Final Update: Wow. 1060 views and no sale on this great sounding Mainland concert with less than 30 minutes playing on it. for $185. Live and learn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom