PDA

View Full Version : Ukulele tattoos?

Olarte
03-09-2018, 06:30 AM
Just got two tattoos that stand for peace love ukulele

Do you have any uke related tattoos?

BigJackBrass
03-09-2018, 07:25 AM
That's a slippery slope. You start with one or two, then you want one in a different size, then a K brand...

Tenor
03-09-2018, 09:45 AM
And then, maybe, banjolele tattoos...

valde002
03-09-2018, 10:56 AM
That's a slippery slope. You start with one or two, then you want one in a different size, then a K brand...

haha! good one

derbyhat
03-09-2018, 11:24 AM

Winner!!!! Thread's over. Nothing else to say.

SoloRule
03-09-2018, 12:02 PM
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?93437-getting-this-ukulele-tattoo-today!![/QUOTE]

That is a lot of work. Very detail yet look painful to me.

librainian
03-09-2018, 03:57 PM
I'm still kinda partial to Jon's

tstarky
03-09-2018, 04:04 PM
And then, maybe, banjolele tattoos...

That is perfect! :D:D

OP, nice tats!

Ukulelerick9255
03-09-2018, 04:43 PM
Or maybe a big one like this 107141

Joe King
03-10-2018, 01:55 AM
I have no tattoos yet, but am really tempted to get the word UKULELE put high on my forehead (so I can cover it with a hat if needed) but I am pretty sure that will kill my chances of ever getting an office job that requires a necktie at any point ever again in the future.

Some places reject people because of facial hair, which I think is stupid.

For my current workplace, if I got this tattoo as intended, it would likely cause a riot ending with me terminated because everyone here is so conservative, almost painfully so.

For now, I just admire the tattoos that other folks have.

EDW
03-10-2018, 02:05 AM

Then you break up with, or sell that uke and you want it removed!

EDW
03-10-2018, 02:08 AM
Just got two tattoos that stand for peace love ukulele

Do you have any uke related tattoos?

I prefer friction tuners!

Pukulele Pete
03-10-2018, 02:52 AM
I have no tattoos yet, but am really tempted to get the word UKULELE put high on my forehead (so I can cover it with a hat if needed) but I am pretty sure that will kill my chances of ever getting an office job that requires a necktie at any point ever again in the future.

Some places reject people because of facial hair, which I think is stupid.

For my current workplace, if I got this tattoo as intended, it would likely cause a riot ending with me terminated because everyone here is so conservative, almost painfully so.

For now, I just admire the tattoos that other folks have.

I hope you really are Joe King

Booli
03-10-2018, 04:11 AM
I'm still kinda partial to Jon's

I remember back when he got this one.

Also, for me, the best one I have ever seen.

If I want to buried in a Jewish cemetery with the rest of my family (grave plots are already reserved), getting a tattoo is forbidden, but I can still share in the joy and live vicariously through the experience of others (and without the pain of having the ink put on).

I like seeing tattoos that are done well and not all over the whole body (or whole arm and neck like a 'sleeve'), but the rather smaller ones are more appealing to me.

Joe King
03-14-2018, 10:17 PM
I hope you really are Joe King

:confused: Please clarify. Thanks.

Pukulele Pete
03-15-2018, 03:09 AM
:confused: Please clarify. Thanks.

I hope you are joking , Joe King .:uhoh: Please dont put a tattoo on your forehead.

UkerDanno
03-15-2018, 04:34 AM
tatoos are dumb...:confused::wtf:

Jim Yates
03-15-2018, 04:41 PM
The classic Sailor Jerry tattoo is the best possible uke tat.107281

Graham Greenbag
03-15-2018, 11:26 PM

Tattoos are different things to different people and some fine people that I know have them. I haven’t got any myself and I plan for it to stay that way too. However, if someone actually wants one then it’s their choice. All I ask is that they first really think about the forever mark that a Tattoo is, why they want one and the ways in which that mark might (negatively and positively) impact on how they interact with other people - engage brain before the ‘artist’ starts their work. To be fair a particular Tattoo might be right for them (both now and much later too) and add to their life or, alternatively, they might choose to do something else instead (like a different design or not have one at all). YMMV.

Pirate Jim
03-15-2018, 11:53 PM
Tattoos are different things to different people. I haven’t got any myself and I plan for it to stay that way too. However, if someone actually wants one then it’s their choice. All I ask is that they first really think about the forever mark that a Tattoo is and why they want one - engage brain before the ‘artist’ starts their work. To be fair a particular Tattoo might be right for them (both now and much later too) and add to their life or, alternatively, they might choose to do something else instead (like a different design or not have one at all). YMMV.

Even this doesn't always work - one of my tattoos I waited over a year to get to make sure I'd really thought it over. 10 years later, I don't want it on my skin anymore, I've changed a lot in that time as has the world. I'll probably get it covered and then in 10 years regret the cover design :D

Graham Greenbag
03-16-2018, 12:22 AM
Even this doesn't always work - one of my tattoos I waited over a year to get to make sure I'd really thought it over. 10 years later, I don't want it on my skin anymore, I've changed a lot in that time as has the world. I'll probably get it covered and then in 10 years regret the cover design :D

Yes, it’s tricky and no one solution suits all. Some folk do come to regret having such permanent marks made upon them and others don’t. When the impact of them is considered some things in life are too easy to do, IMHO getting a Tattoo is one of them. However I would suggest that slowing people down in their choice of Tattoo and getting them to think about it over say months is likely to result in happier outcomes than the spontaneous alternative.

I do hope that the OP isn’t upset by the way the thread has diverted.

buddhuu
03-16-2018, 02:55 AM

Sweeping, provocative generalisations are dumb. Knock it off.

buddhuu
03-16-2018, 02:57 AM
Neither of my tattoos has an 'ukulele. I plan to get more but, again, no plans for including a uke. I prefer specific symbolisms.

That said, I love that 'ukulele spelled on the fingers thing. I would never completely rule out something similar for the future.

Jim Yates
03-16-2018, 01:32 PM
Tattoos were once a sign of rebellion or an indication that you were a sailor or a gang member or a sign that you did something regrettable when you were drunk. . . Over the years they have become more and more common. These days, the chances that your priest or your kid's kindergarten teacher or your doctor has a tattoo are better than average.
I change my mind and my tastes too often to safely get a tattoo, but if I'd gotten one on my chin 40 years ago, no one who met me 39 years ago would know about it.

kkimura
03-17-2018, 01:42 AM
Changing tastes and mind seems like an entry to "tas" (tattoo acquisition syndrome).

Signalsdrone
03-17-2018, 02:03 AM
I would like to get another tat, a Sailor Jerry type is what I want.

But, then I think "I could have a tattoo of a uke on my arm or I could take the money and buy a REAL uke, or a bass guitar, or a new amp, or a PA system"........and then I start online shopping.

Sigh.....

Rllink
03-17-2018, 09:10 AM
Tattoos were once a sign of rebellion or an indication that you were a sailor or a gang member or a sign that you did something regrettable when you were drunk. . . Over the years they have become more and more common. These days, the chances that your priest or your kid's kindergarten teacher or your doctor has a tattoo are better than average.
I change my mind and my tastes too often to safely get a tattoo, but if I'd gotten one on my chin 40 years ago, no one who met me 39 years ago would know about it.I got a screaming eagle on my left arm above the sleeve line when I wear a tee shirt. I got it in 1971, when I was a sailor in the Navy. It was somewhat of a rite of passage for sailors back then. I never got another, and even though I stand in front of the mirror shaving, brushing my teeth, and getting dressed every day, months go by, even years, where I don't even notice it. If it weren't for my granddaughter, who pulls up my sleeve to look for it, I would forget I ever had it. Just another note, over the span of 47 years it isn't as sharp or colorful as it was when I got it, and much of the meaning has dimmed as well. It has moved a bit too.