Pono PS-O

Jerryc41

Reaction score
What can you tell me about a Pono PS-O soprano? I bought one on ebay, but I can't find anything about it, except that someone sold one here a while back.

I was the only bidder, at $150, because the back is scratched, and someone tried to repair it. From the front, it looks fine, and it doesn't even look that bad from the back. Naturally, it sounds beautiful.

Also - Is there a way to make getting email about responses to my posts the default? I generally forget to go through those steps.

I have a Pono PS-O that was received as a gift. It sounds magical, but is very hard (for me) to play due to it being a soprano and my fingers being sized for a tenor. I've searched for information, but haven't found much. What have you been able to find? I would be very interested to learn more.

Earlier today, I emailed Pono, and got this response: "PS-O is an early model designation we used for our soprano Mahogany models. all solid mahogany for body and neck."

Last edited:
I have a Pono PS-O that was received as a gift. It sounds magical, but is very hard (for me) to play due to it being a soprano and my fingers being sized for a tenor. I've searched for information, but haven't found much. What have you been able to find? I would be very interested to learn more.

Earlier today, I emailed Pono, and got this response: "PS-O is an early model designation we used for our soprano Mahogany models. all solid mahogany for body and neck."

Thanks for that. I wonder how early.

I put Gotoh tuners on mine, and I'll probably fill in the remaining holes (unless I already did that and just forgot :D)

100.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg

Mine looks similar. It has made me consider getting a Pono tenor some day. Do you have a hard shell case for yours? If so, which?

6F094E4A-2F7A-45B5-8A6F-2F39DA59C00E.jpg

Mine looks similar. It has made me consider getting a Pono tenor some day. Do you have a hard shell case for yours? If so, which?

View attachment 130448

Yes, it's in a generic soprano case. I like hard cases for protection. They're also good for humidifying.

I had a Pono Cedar/Macassar tenor and a similar Kala - cedar top and acacia body. I decided to sell one of them. They both looked great, but I preferred the sound of the Kala.

I just imagined you filling in the sound hole...

Not that you would do that. But the thought humored me.

I covered the sound hole on this Space Fluke, but it's just a thin piece of material. I cut a sound port into the upper side.

103.jpg

Top Bottom