FS Brand new Magic Fluke Flea - $150

Is this one a concert or soprano scale?

Also - the 'M' number on the label in the sound hole does not really help with this, i.e., M10, M20, M30 are NOT in fact continuous to all Magic Fluke instruments, so using that for scale length is not definitive.

In your original receipt for payment should say the scale length, and if you measure from the nut to the saddle that tells you the scale length. Do not go only by those 'M' numbers.

The only photo you missed is one with your UU name and the date handwritten and included next to the actual instrument for sale with the full size of the instrument in the shot (only need your timestamp verification in one of the photos).

Otherwise looks good. Since it's your first sale, I do not think anyone will reprimand you too harshly, LOL :)

Concert Flea has 15 frets, soprano has 14. This looks like a concert to me.

-Steve

When they call this walnut, that only applies to the walnut color, and the top is still the standard solid hoopwood, stained walnut, is that right?

I think you're right about that. But "Walnut" is all the company says. I like the dark color.

The only photo you missed is one with your UU name and the date handwritten and included next to the actual instrument for sale with the full size of the instrument in the shot (only need your timestamp verification in one of the photos).

Otherwise looks good. Since it's your first sale, I do not think anyone will reprimand you too harshly, LOL :)

Thanks! I just came back to add that name and date photo and saw your comments. Here are two more photos. I hope you're right about not being reprimanded too harshly. I cry easily. :(

View attachment 107354View attachment 107355

It is a concert.

Last edited:
When they call this walnut, that only applies to the walnut color, and the top is still the standard solid hoopwood, stained walnut, is that right?

Perhaps it may be a walnut veneer? I may be wrong, but from the looks of it, I also think it is a concert as it has 15 frets. The difference is minimal as the body is the same. It seems that the neck here meets the body at the 13th fret, whereas the soprano version seems to be at the 12th.

Perhaps it may be a walnut veneer? I may be wrong, but from the looks of it, I also think it is a concert as it has 15 frets. The difference is minimal as the body is the same. It seems that the neck here meets the body at the 13th fret, whereas the soprano version seems to be at the 12th.

I'm going to say that this is a concert because it has fifteen frets, just like my concert Fluke, and the fretboard is the exact same size.

Nice uke! Does it come with any type of gig bag?
For the record- including a photo with your user name and date is a RECOMMENDATION- not a requirement. It’s never a bad idea, especially since it’s your first sale, but at any rate- there is no grounds for a reprimand.
Good luck with the sale! I’m guessing this will get snapped up quickly

Nice uke! Does it come with any type of gig bag?
For the record- including a photo with your user name and date is a RECOMMENDATION- not a requirement. It’s never a bad idea, especially since it’s your first sale, but at any rate- there is no grounds for a reprimand.
Good luck with the sale! I’m guessing this will get snapped up quickly

I think Booli made that reprimand comment with tongue in cheek. I didn't get a gig bag with it, so none will go with it.

PM sent. She wants it.

:)

I think Booli made that reprimand comment with tongue in cheek....

Yes of course! I was only trying to be 'cute' and in no way negative at all.

Sorry if that was not clear to other folks, but glad that you understood.

I'm going to say that this is a concert because it has fifteen frets, just like my concert Fluke, and the fretboard is the exact same size.

With a ruler or measuring tape or yard-stick, you can measure from the nut to the saddle.

For MFC, 'concert scale' is 15.5" so if it measures less than that, it is soprano, otherwise it is a concert if the vibrating string length is 15.5"

When they call this walnut, that only applies to the walnut color, and the top is still the standard solid hoopwood, stained walnut, is that right? .
For the record, this is not true. If you look at the spec sheet, there are different laminates for birch, walnut, and mahogany:http://www.magicfluke.com/category-s/1830.htm

Only the koa and spruce tops are solid

Top Bottom