Here's a pic from my first gig as a solo ukulele player.

Craig

Reaction score
Thanks. I sold a CD, which is secondary. My goal was to make it through. It's been well over 10 years since I've been in front of an audience.

Deach, this is because we're both ink sluts.

I just about shot Pepsi out of my nose on that one, Craig. Great job!

Bowtie!

This is what I and all other "real men" wear all of the time....:)

I used Cali's JBL power speaker and her M400 Ko'olau with LR Baggs pickup. The room was very, very boomy, thus, there was no need for a reverb.

Who knows? Maybe I'll get another gig out of it? :shaka:

Congratulations Craigs! Bow ties are so "Gangstah", so "James Bond"! :worship:
Let us know when your Ko'olau pineapple arrives, it'll go great with the bow tie. :shaka:

Congratulations Craigs! Bow ties are so "Gangstah", so "James Bond"! :worship:
Let us know when your Ko'olau pineapple arrives, it'll go great with the bow tie. :shaka:
I own one bow tie that's got little Hawaiian shirts on it. I guess it represents a melding of both my jazz and ukulele worlds.

The pineapple most likely won't be done until the end of June. I'm in no hurry and would rather have them take their time. But all the same, I'm excited!

I remember on elementary school picture taking days my mom always made me wear a bow tie. If I find the picture I may be brave enough to post it. The only other times I've worn them is at 3 weddings I was in including my own. Bow ties and shaved heads go well together so I may have to get back into it. Maybe if we grab deach and one more shaved head guy we can start a ukulele playing barbershop quartet. ;):shaka::D

Top Bottom