Grover Tuners

Jerryc41

Reaction score
If you've shopped for Grover tuners, you might know how challenging it can be. I've bought both friction and geared, and it's often difficult to find out what I'm actually buying. Grover uses a generic red card to hold the tuners. There is no identification on the card, and they have six holes, so both guitar and ukulele tuners can use the same cards.

I bought 9NB, but they were a bit short, so I looked for 8NB, which are longer. The best I could find were from Stewart MacDonald. They didn't list a part number, but the length seemed to be longer. Wrong! They were also 9NB, but not identified in a any way.

The 9NB are listed as being .630 in length to the hole, while the 8NB are listed as .775. The ones I got from Stew-Mac were described as being .985 total length, but they were identical to the 9NB.

Whatever it was I put on my Flea, they were just long enough to wind the strings, but I would have preferred longer - and identification.

Last edited:
Did you get these? I got some 9NB's for an old Regent Baritone, but they were too short, saw these, but shipping adds a lot...($15 tuners, $10 shipping)
http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Ukulele_Tuning_Machines/Grover_Ukulele_Tuners_with_Long_String_Posts.html

Yes, that's what I got - unidentified tuners! They say they're "long post," but they're the same size as the short 9Ns. They worked, but I'd prefer longer. If I ever find them, I can just swap out the posts.

Yes, that's what I got - unidentified tuners! They say they're "long post," but they're the same size as the short 9Ns. They worked, but I'd prefer longer. If I ever find them, I can just swap out the posts.

I buy long post tuners from Stew mac, they are available and are longer than standard posts.

Top Bottom