Was this a good deal?

Ukecaster

Reaction score
I saw this vintage Martin concert earlier today on eBay for $395.00 BIN. Tuners obviously changed to geared rabbit ears. I asked a few questions, seller said action at 12th fret was 3/16", which is 4.76 mm, seemed too high. I asked about saddle height for possible action lowering, but never heard back, then it was gone a few hours later. One of the side pics of the bridge also seemed to have a yellowish color at the base of the bridge, I thought it might have been possible bridge re-glue. Again, no answers from seller on that before it was sold. Probably had dishing too, who knows? Pretty uke, but I thought it might be a money pit. Whaddya think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-Concert-Style-Vintage-Ukulele-/202264254022?hash=item2f17e39646%3Ag%3AKdUAAOSw4vJarBhj&nma=true&si=z%252BYE%252FF72r4afu9SC71gXXHdHFHo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited:
I'm not a Martin uke collector or follower, but I don't see much saddle left to lower the strings. Not sure if the re-glue of the bridge set it too high or if it needed a neck re-set. Pic 7/8 doesn't look right; almost like the heel and the bottom of the uke are not aligned very well.

I'm sure others will chime in with better info, but I don't think you missed out on something. Now just watch, someone who knows will say it is rare an highly collectible uke... lol.

John

Seems abnormally shiny, like its possibly been over sprayed. That may explain the discoloration around the bridge.

Top Bottom