NUD: How I Kidnapped a Custom Farallon

SoloRule

Reaction score
I have always said I prefer the look of my Carbon Fabric Blackbird , (downupdave )Dave probably thought the Farallon is safe in my care when he is on vacation. It would have been safe if curiosity did not get the better of me.

Dave has gone through 6 string changes to found this perfect set . It’s a combination of Thomastik wounds and classical nylon guitar strings for the trebles. To say the least, the sound blew me away.

Just as other members commented, Farallon is way up there with my custom built ukes (sorry LFdM and Ko’olau). While he was gone, I simply could not put this baby down.

This is a custom built Farallon features side sound port , strings through bridge with radius fretboard. Dave waited a very very long time because of the upgrades.

Here is the story :

Dave knows whenever I buy one uke, another one must go. He gave me a challenge that is if I find a buyer for one of my ukes while he is away, this one is mine.

I wish I could see his face when he read my text that I sold one of my ukes exactly 24 hour after he left . A gentleman he is, he kept his promise so this is how this Farallon joined my uke family. I don’t blame him if he removes me from his baby sitter list and by the way, I have not paid him yet this is why I said I kidnapped a Farallon.

Here is a short video showing off my new used uke that still has the new uke smell because Dave takes care of his instruments like a new born baby!

You make it sound so good Brenda......I want it back!!!!
I am thrilled you fell in love with it and can make beautiful music with it. At least I can visit it from time to time.

You make it sound so good Brenda......I want it back!!!!
I am thrilled you fell in love with it and can make beautiful music with it. At least I can visit it from time to time.

You need to pay the ransom to get it back. I still have two of your children here. BTW Thank you for giving me permission to post this before money changed hands. :)

Last edited:
You need to pay the ransom to get it back. I still have two of your children here. BTW Thank you for giving me permission to post this before money changed hands. :)

if you get sick of it... i'll buy from you cash and local pickup:)

Dave - I thought you loved your Farallon. Why'd you let it go?

I guess I should post picture ,uh?
Thank you for your comments.
kevhe - Kathryn, if you sell one of your ukes you can buy this one. It's like a musical chair here.

40049424365_3173db79f5_b.jpg
[/url]FARALLON by Brenda Lee, on Flickr[/IMG]

You make it sound so good Brenda......I want it back!!!!/QUOTE]
Yep, she has a habit of doing this, Dave.
I sold her a Blackbird that I couldn't get going and she did a great job of sorting it.....so if you want yours back, then I want mine back first !
Lovely playing Brenda...thanks.
Robin

Dave - I thought you loved your Farallon. Why'd you let it go?

I will give you the straight answer. I love the way it sounds when playing chord melodies and fingerpicked but not strummed. This is why I went through so many string changes. I love the playability, the neck was great as was the radius fretboard and fret work. But I bought it to travel with, camping and cottaging, sitting around the fire strumming and singing.

Brenda always liked the sound of it and when I left it with her while I was away on vacation she "kidnapped" it away from me as she puts it.

The Headless Wonder has released another winner.

When does the album come out?

Hi Brenda- you make that Farallon sound great! I've had mine for a year now and it's taken me on quite a journey. I'd be curious what strings DownUPDave finally settled on. Cheers

Hi Brenda- you make that Farallon sound great! I've had mine for a year now and it's taken me on quite a journey. I'd be curious what strings DownUPDave finally settled on. Cheers

I will answer that for you, I don't think Brenda knows. Thomastik CF30 and CF27 for wound G and C then Hannabach 815 Silver Special Medium tension nylon classical guitar strings for the E and A. They can all be bought from Strings by Mail as singles.

I will answer that for you, I don't think Brenda knows. Thomastik CF30 and CF27 for wound G and C then Hannabach 815 Silver Special Medium tension nylon classical guitar strings for the E and A. They can all be bought from Strings by Mail as singles.

Interesting combo- I should give them a try and hopefully benefit from all that research you did! I mostly play finger-style on the Farallon and it shines in that regard..

Wow, that sounds beautiful. You have a very nice touch! :)

Top Bottom