PDA

View Full Version : Ammoon 21" Ukulele

Jerryc41
03-22-2018, 01:33 AM
Someone in our group had one of these last Saturday. His son was in China on business, and he sent it to him. Although it's called 21" - standard soprano size - it has a small body. It's not very loud, but it has a nice sound, and it's beautiful (in my opinion). He pointed me to Alibaba.

When I saw the price was $69, I thought that was too much, but it was going on sale on 3/28 for $34.62. Yesterday, they price was down to $36, delivered, so I ordered one. I was afraid that if I waited till the 28th, they'd be gone, so I paid the extra $1.38. I think it's funny that they put strap buttons on this tiny uke.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/21-Soprano-Ukulele-Spruce-42mm-Slim-Design-Ukelele-Mahogany-Fingerboard-High-Gloss-Surface-Smooth-and-Beautiful/32584788003.html

kissing
03-22-2018, 03:26 AM
Ammoon is one of the 'better' budget Chinese brands.
Not just in ukes, but other stuff too like guitar pedals and percussion.

Xtradust
03-22-2018, 06:00 AM
I like Ammoon ukes! I find the concert size (23") on ebay for less that $30 w free shipping. I get them for people I know that are wanting to start playing, but are...price sensitive. I throw a single Worth Low-G string on them and they really sound great...for less than $30. :)

Jerryc41
03-22-2018, 06:49 AM
I like Ammoon ukes! I find the concert size (23") on ebay for less that $30 w free shipping. I get them for people I know that are wanting to start playing, but are...price sensitive. I throw a single Worth Low-G string on them and they really sound great...for less than $30. :)

I've seen that brand name here and there, although the name does not appear on the uke!