Pre-Made Neck/Fret Board

untheath

Reaction score
Hey, I'm really interested in creating either a resonance uke with a cookie tin, or a banjo uke with a tambourine. However, I have absolutely no wood-working abilities, and I live in an apartment, so investing in a saw is sorta out of the question :p

Where can I buy a pre-made fret board and neck? I've been looking around, but all I can find are entire ukulele kits, which would be a waste since I only need the neck/fret.

Thanks a lot! :cheers:

Just get a Grizzly Kit.

It'll only cost you $25 and you'll use everything but the body (and maybe the bridge).

Neck and fret board

I have a grizzy neck and fret board that I am not going to use. I got a grizzy kit then decided not to build it. I played with the body and broke it. The neck is new.
PM me and if you want it make an offer.
Dan

Is your neck long enough, is your drum big enough?

Howdy - I built a uke like this a while ago. Length from nut to 12th fret must equal length from 12th fret to bridge. This is not achievable if you screw a standard uke neck on an 8 inch drum. You will/would need to pack out the space between the drum and thick end of the neck with a 20mm piece of timber. Or build a longer neck, but yes, it is hard if you have poor woodworking skills/equipment (me).

I learned this one the hard way (I could tune it with open strings, but everything went to sh*t once I started to finger chords). Got put on the straight path by a similar online forum. Happy building, it is one of the greatest satisfactions finishing a great-sounding, unique instrument.

Or, you can do what I did and order a cheap Uke online (I think I paid $20 for mine) and tear it apart for the neck. A household steamer and some effort with a putty knife and the body will fall apart, leaving you a prefinished, prefretted, neck and fingerboard complete with tuners.

Top Bottom