Folsom Prison Blues - Cover - Johnny Cash

D

Dean Beaver

Last Sunday, after doing a few outside recordings for the Seasons, i was feeling inspired to do just one more, so for no particular reason I decided to try Folsom Prison Blues , down at the Mini-Train Station for a setting.
When I arrived the Train was out and stopped not far from me, I rarely ever see it out , so I went to speak with the driver and told him my intentions to record a ukulele video at the Station, and if I could have permission to include the Train. The driver said ok, he didn't really seem to care at all. Bonus.
I tried to time the recording so that the Train would pull up , but first time it went past on the far track. So I waited and then estimated a time to start the next attempt. So my second attempt, the Train pulled in right on cue.
Played using my M.Gerarda 8-string Concert Uke.

Good job buddy. I love the outside setting too. I definitely need to learn to play my ukes properly!
Regards, Dave

Thanks Folks , glad you enjoy it ..

This is a nice way to end a song. The uke sound fading out to the train noise, then a big grin on your face.

Definitely, and it all caught me by surprise, the whole thing had been done on a wing.
I had only just grabbed what I needed and out the door I went, hadn't given any thought to the train being there, and then with everything going right, suddenly at the end I didn't really know what I was going to do, I hadn't given the ending any thought and assumed the train would just pull up and stop, so I thought well what would be better than the train sound and so I just faded out the Uke and the rest fell into place nicely. I almost couldn't believe my luck, had to go home and check the video to make sure it really happened :)

Top Bottom