Penny Lane Emporium of Ft. Lauderdale gets some nice press.

rappsy

Reaction score
Penny Lane Emporium is the main place in the South Florida area where Ukulele players unite. It was where I purchased my first good Uke.

They have quite a selection of Ukes and Uke related products, such as cases, music, strings, etc, and carry a wide assortment of brands, such as Kanile'a, Islander, Kala, Magic Fluke, and many others. They also bring in many top performers, such as Kimo Hussey, Stu Fuks, Jim DeVille, and Ty Olipani just to name a few.

They were recently featured in the music magazine "Music and Sound Retailer" Magazine.

Congrats to Armando on being featured.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/15512026#/15512026/47

Thanks for the info. I've wondered about who they are. Lot's of high end ukes listed, but usually they are out of stock.

Nice article. I was just in there, nice selection of ukes, guitars and banjos, a few mandolins. Kamaka, Martin, Collings guitars.... Armando and his staff are friendly folks.

Penny Lane Emporium is the main place in the South Florida area where Ukulele players unite. It was where I purchased my first good Uke.

They have quite a selection of Ukes and Uke related products, such as cases, music, strings, etc, and carry a wide assortment of brands, such as Kanile'a, Islander, Kala, Magic Fluke, and many others. They also bring in many top performers, such as Kimo Hussey, Stu Fuks, Jim DeVille, and Ty Olipani just to name a few.

They were recently featured in the music magazine "Music and Sound Retailer" Magazine.

Wow! Quite a place. Too bad it's so far from NY. : (

Lenny,

Thanks for spreading the word about Penny Lane. It's a bit far of a drive for me, but it's easily the best ukulele shop in South Florida.

P.S. I still occasionally lust after that spruce top Pono I played at Penny Lane back when Kimo Hussey did the workshop there.

I bought my koa Flea from their Reverb store. Great service. Nice folks to deal with, even virtually. Good to see them getting some wider exposure.

Urged on by this post and one other, I took a look. That "look" got me an Ohana SK-21A sopranino, with free delivery. Nice people to deal with.:shaka:

Thanks for the info. I've wondered about who they are. Lot's of high end ukes listed, but usually they are out of stock.
Hi, we actually have quite a few high end right now, Kamaka, Kanile'a and Pono. Call or email for a list of what's available 954-566-8141

Thank you Lenny!

Top Bottom