Outdoor Carbons in stock. Sopranos too.

Super_Dave

Reaction score
All,

I'm not associated with them at all, but I know there were a lot of people waiting for the Outdoor Ukulele Carbons to come back in stock.

They have tenors and sopranos now.

I just pulled the trigger on a soprano (the travel/car/hotel Uke, you know?)

Thanks. I got the email from them yesterday. I figured I'll get the Carbon Fiber Soprano as the ultimate travel ukulele. That'll fit in the backpack easily and be even a little bit more indestructible (compared to the normal plastic, which is great too).

I am looking forward to hearing some reviews and clips. These are really tempting!

I am not sure I play outdoors enough to need one of these...

They look tempting, and sound great in the samples, but...
The neck looks kind of "edgy" on their web page, doesn't it?
Like it has "flat" faces that meet in filleted corners rather than a smooth rounded back.

Here's the soundclips of the Outdoor carbon tenor model, from their website. The carbon models are supposedly "15% brighter than the glass version". Sounds good to me.

https://soundcloud.com/user-314778693/outdoor-ukulele-tenor-carbon

https://soundcloud.com/user-314778693/tenor-carbon-sample-two

Is there any info that tells what mic was used for these recordings or if they were recorded direct via the K&K pickup that they offer, and if so what preamp was used?

Without this information, the sound samples, while nice, have no context nor point of reference for what the uke will actually sound like once in hand with the buyer, and as such should be regarded as abstract rather than a valid demo of the actual sound.

I looked for this info on their web site as well as their Soundcloud pages and found nothing.

Nota Bene: If you (anyone) are basing your purchase solely on these sound samples, I would caution you that you need to set your expectations properly, otherwise disappointment is likely to occur.

Top Bottom