PDA

View Full Version : FS -Two Brüko Long Neck Sopranos - One Walnut - One Spruce-Cherry

Vitazora
03-28-2018, 09:04 AM
Update: The Spruce/Cherry ukulele is SOLD.

Update #2: Walnut model is SOLD.

Thank you UU Forum!

I have two beautiful long neck arch-back sopranos made by Brüko that I am interested in selling.

I have owned them for about a year or so and they are in mint condition, always kept in a hard case and humidified when needed.

The action on both of these is quite good, and I have not had to make any adjustments, but YMMV.

Reason for selling? I am not a big fan of long necks. I play standard sopranos almost exclusively and these are not getting enough attention from me. Rather than hold onto them, I thought I would offer them here while I shop for a couple of similar soprano scale models.

They each cost around $300 new. I am asking $200 which includes a new condition OAHU hardshell case from HMS. Buyer will pay actual shipping cost. I will ship anywhere in the CONUS.

I will post current photos later today, but wanted to get an idea of interest from the underground before I proceed.

Vitazora
03-28-2018, 09:05 AM
Photos of the spruce/cherry model.
Three piece cherry and black walnut neck, black walnut fret board, standard tuners, black plastic binding, currently strung with Fremont black lines and a Fremont low g.

Vitazora
03-28-2018, 11:29 AM
Photos of the black walnut model.
Walnut back and sides, three piece maple walnut neck, walnut fretboard, friction tuners, Fremont Black Lines

Ukecaster
03-28-2018, 11:40 AM
Can you describe the tones of each, is there a big difference?

Vitazora
03-28-2018, 12:16 PM
Can you describe the tones of each, is there a big difference?

I know that Brükos are often described as sounding the same no matter what the wood is, but I find that all my Brükos are unique.
I typically fingerpick and often play early music and for me individual note clarity is important.
I would say that the Black Walnut model sound is closer to traditional mahogany, but it doesn’t sound at all like the #6. Mellow, woody, sweet?
I am very torn about selling the spruce cherry model. It has a typical spruce top punch but the cherry imparts an individual note clarity that I really enjoy.

Frankly, if they weren’t long necks, I would not be selling them. I am looking to replace the same models in standard soprano scale.

Kristi.G
03-28-2018, 01:43 PM
The grain on that walnut one is amazing. Hmmmm (just realized my final paycheck from the job I just quit is about $1100 more than I expected, so might need to blow some of it....)

Finn Bjerke
03-28-2018, 02:44 PM
I have a small demo here: Brüko is value for money I promise you that, here compared Brüko soprano, Tenor and a Tinguitar handmade high end ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZCdKNHXXe4&feature=youtu.be

Vitazora
03-29-2018, 02:39 AM
The Spruce/Cherry ukulele is SOLD.
The Walnut is still available.