A taste of honey - Chet Baker

StivoBandini

Reaction score
Hello to all, today i worked on this cover, inspired by the Chet Baker's version. I began to work on it with my soprano uke but it didn't went well, something was missing. So i gave a try with my Harmony vintage baritone and things went much better. I hope you'll enjoy this version, i re-arranged some parts and it seems to work nicely this way. It was such a pleasure to sing this song.

It was such a pleasure to listen to you sing this song. Gave me chills! Fine Job!

Wow! Thanks for sharing! What a voice. At higher octaves, I hear faint hints of Jeff Buckley. So delightful. Will be adding this to a repetition rotation along with Flatbaroque's wonderful Costello/Chet cover.

I guess I never associated Chet Baker (one of my favorites) with ukulele, but damn, it's working.

Lovely Stivo. It's a beautiful song, beautifully performed and recorded, very excellent :)

Thanks a lot to all, it's a pleasure to read such nice comments.
:)
@DLB : I'm working on other Chet Baker's renditions on ukulele, so there will be more to come soon.
But yes, it perfectly fits with a ukulele on some songs, it's nice to have a try on.

Top Bottom