As New Martin OXK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiopicker

Reaction score
Greetings,

I bought this uke (my first soprano) and have realized my fingers are too fat to play it as well as I can my Tenor. For that reason, I am letting it go. Action and tone are fine, up to Martin's usual standards.

Absolutely mint, no play wear, all original Martin smell, hang tags, bag and packing material and Martin included.

$199. With free shipping east of the Mississippi, add $25.00 for west of Mississippi. Prior successful dealings on this site with Uke Mama. Will trade for tenor Magic Fluke Banjolele.

image.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
... all original Martin smell...
With free shipping east of the Mississippi, add $25.00 for west of Mississippi.

Two questions: does Minneapolis (west of the Mississippi) cost more to ship than St. Paul (east of the river)?
And do the Martin all-lam ukes still "smell like a Martin"? (real wood braces, maybe?)

Last edited:
The answers are yes, and yes. I wish I could just bury the shipping cost, but to double box and cushion it properly, the last time I shipped west I lost so much I might as well have donated the instrument.

The smell is probably the neck and till lock and braces. I swear that Martin smell is in every instrument. I have a 000x1 and it smells like a Martin!

This is a great price on offer for this instrument.

I have one of these and it is a great entry into Martin ukes, despite being HPL and not actual wood, it sounds and plays as expected and has lots of punch as well as great note clarity, especially with Martin's M600 strings.

Baz has a review here: http://www.gotaukulele.com/2017/05/martin-0x-uke-bamboo-soprano-ukulele.html

(despite being blue in color in his review sample, the only difference is the COLOR, as these were made with 4-5 different colors and the 0XK is for the Koa 'color')

Good luck with the sale! :)

Great uke for a great price. I'd be after it in a second if I didn't already have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom