Pete Howlett "Vital Uke"

Status
Not open for further replies.

warndt

Reaction score
I just bought this one over on FMM. I'm actually in the selling mode right now, but was over-taken momentarily with UAS.

Anyway, up for sale is a 2001 soprano scale Pete Howlett "Vital Uke" ukulele, constructed of a highly figured Honduran mahogany back and sides with a beautifully quilted spruce top. There is a very beautiful curly figure in the wood of the back and sides, which is very hard to find in mahogany these days.

The tuning machines are quality, smooth, lightweight and great looking black button friction tuners. The fret position markers are "Mother of Pearl" inlaid into a rosewood fingerboard. Except for the trim details, the design of the instrument stays true to the early vintage "Harmony Vita Uke" pattern. A nice smooth and light cellulose finish protects and beautifies the instrument. Fingerboard is flat.

SPECS:

13-3/4" Soprano scale
Solid curly Honduran mahogany back and sides
Mahogany neck
Quilted Spruce top
Black bindings front and back
Rosewood fretboard and bridge
Black Buffalo Horn nut and saddle
Quality friction tuners
Mother of Pearl fret markers
3 point headstock design
Nice Levy's Cordura Gig-Bag

A light build with a nice chimey sound and great projection. Just beautiful. Sorry, I currently do not own any equipment to make a sound sample.

Plays easily with excellent intonation up the entire neck.

I'm selling because I will soon be moving to a much smaller house and need to liquidate much of my belongings. I absolutely have to sell this one and a few more!

SOLD...THANKS UU!

Attachments

• Island Koa-001.jpg
    Island Koa-001.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Island Koa-002.jpg
    Island Koa-002.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Island Koa-003.jpg
    Island Koa-003.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Island Koa-004.jpg