String/tune Risa solid concert uke to baritone?

seejaneplay

Reaction score
I am in the midst of deciding whether to buy the Risa solid tenor or concert Uke. I like the concert more for its size and the tenor more for versatility (I thought) because I read that I could change out the strings/tune as a baritone.

But I saw a message on here in another thread that makes me think that I could do the same with the concert size- just string/tune as a baritone. Is that true? If yes, I’ll buy the concert and have the best of both worlds.

Thanks in advance for letting me know your thoughts!

(Also posed this question here but it’s an old thread and I wasn’t sure that my question would be noticed: <http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?89718-Tuning-a-solid-body-electric-tenor-DGBE-with-baritone-strings>)

Last edited:
I did it on a concert scale to see if it worked, I was only strumming in first position, but once up the neck it was way off! :stop:

I have both concert, (bought first), & tenor RISA solids/sticks - I'd just get the tenor - but be aware, RISA advise against using wound strings on them because of the plastic bridge material.

(Not sure how well bari tuning on it will be, but I have a standard tenor tuned DGBE & that's OK.)

Last edited:
You'll have the easier time getting to reentrant baritone, dGBE, on the tenor, and yes, wound strings are a no-no.

Top Bottom