TT .....one piece top?

M3Ukulele

Reaction score
I have Tiny Tenor , solid top, laminate back and sides. Great sounding ukulele. It has a nice spruce top. It looks to be one piece. Does anybody know if this is the true? What about you all solid owner of TT. Can you tell if it’s one piece or two. Curious. I love the design, feel and sound of the TT!

I've got the all solid, spruce top. I don't think it's one piece, but if you can't get a definitive answer here, you could try HMS or Pepe himself. I love mine, too. I got it from a member (thank you, Tracie) and I'm glad I waited--and waited, and waited for one with a little wear. Even new, though, I think they're a bargain.

I have a Mahogany all solid and the top is two piece. Really hard to tell. TT-MM-7024. Amazing instrument.

I have the all solid Koa/Spruce XS Soprano and it's clearly a top of two bookmatched pieces.

My solid top/laminates sides TT has a great spruce top. I can’t see where it’s joined but I guess it makes sense Really great instrument. I like TT so much, size, feel ,neck etc. Great sound. I want to try some different all Solid TT as I think I’d like another one. All my other tenor are 8/shape which I also like. I have email into HMS but suspect it must be bookmatched.

My solid top/laminates sides TT has a great spruce top. I can’t see where it’s joined but I guess it makes sense Really great instrument. I like TT so much, size, feel ,neck etc. Great sound. I want to try some different all Solid TT as I think I’d like another one. All my other tenor are 8/shape which I also like. I have email into HMS but suspect it must be bookmatched.

You know, the only TT I've played is the one I bought. The mahogany. I've been wondering if I should consider another TT in maybe Koa. The other option is a totally different Uke, maybe a Kanilea K1 concert. I already have 2 sopranos (Acacia and a Spruce). Which other solid TT woods are you thinking about?

I'm torn on which all Solid TT to buy. First thought was Koa. yet I really like the Spruce/Rosewood one at HMS ....just don't like the idea of a hassle at the border. The sound samples of the Mahogany sound great by Daniel Ho so........... then I really like the idea of a Spruce top/mango....... although those were a special run. I'd have to play a few and see how they sound. How do you like your all Mahogany? That is a "itch' I haven't scratch yet. Currently have all Acacia tenor, Englewood Spruce/mahogany tenor, Sitka spruce/Black walnut tenor and now the solid top TT.

So many ukes, so little time.

<g>

I'm torn on which all Solid TT to buy. First thought was Koa. yet I really like the Spruce/Rosewood one at HMS ....just don't like the idea of a hassle at the border. The sound samples of the Mahogany sound great by Daniel Ho so........... then I really like the idea of a Spruce top/mango....... although those were a special run. I'd have to play a few and see how they sound. How do you like your all Mahogany? That is a "itch' I haven't scratch yet. Currently have all Acacia tenor, Englewood Spruce/mahogany tenor, Sitka spruce/Black walnut tenor and now the solid top TT.

So many ukes, so little time.

<g>

I was amazed at the acoustic properties of the solid all mahogany tt. extremely light weight and you really feel the sound resonating from the body against your own body. I am guessing, but I imagine Pepe's reverse fan bracing has something to do with that. I control the sound by the pressure from my strumming forearm and elbow against the body. I use a strap so I can literally let it hang loose for a deep rich sound. Mahogany is smooth like butter. Especially in a tenor. And especially, IMO, when finger picking. I had a Kala spruce. Loud and bright. But, just not my style. Can't compare it to my Acacia laminate (it's a soprano at under $120). yeah, definitely a TT fan.

Top Bottom