My YouTube site

ukejon

Reaction score
Started playing around with YouTube as a way recording/presenting tunes. Don't really know what the hell I am doing but it is fun learning about the whole video side of things (by the way, I simultaneously record the audio on my Sony PCM D1, master the track, and then replace the camcorder's rather crappy/noisy audio track):

http://www.youtube.com/user/ukejon

audio sounds really good.. wish i could do that to make mine sound better.. do you use any special programs for that? audio, video, anything?

Many small camcorders don't have the best mics and often don't even let you add an external mic. If you have that plug, then get yourself a better mic, which among other things will be much quieter and much more dynamic sounding. The next trick is playing around in some sort of software audio editing program to further shape or improve the sound. I use GarageBand and generally add a touch of reverb as well as a little bit of EQ shaping. Once this audio file is done, detach the original camcorder audio track and replace with the new and improved version.

Top Bottom