Aquila Sugar Strings: Another experience

UkeStuff

Reaction score
I put Aquila Sugar Strings on my Outdoor Ukulele. So far I like them. There is a squeak that goes away after playing for a while.

When I make a knot, particularly on the larger strings (i.e. C string, E string), I tend to hold the end of the string in my teeth and pull the knot tight that way.

The Sugar strings were actually sweet! I guess they are made from sugar cane.

I used my teeth also but never tried to taste the strings. I will need to try that next time.
By the way I really like these sugar strings. I have switched a couple of Ukes from FC to sugar.

Oh, great. First we had people talking about sniffing their ukes, now we are tasting strings! What's next?!

Oh, great. First we had people talking about sniffing their ukes, now we are tasting strings! What's next?!
:stop:
:biglaugh:

I wonder if the black strings taste like licorice?

As long as they don't attract ants, I'll try them! Last thing I need is putting ant baits in my uke case. :cool:

I always wondered if the tuner buttons would taste like jelly beans or gumdrops....hmmm....

lol what is this thread? :D

By the way, I'm about to purchase my first set of Aquila Sugar.

After all the positive feedback, I can't wait to try them.

If you look at the date, I was having some fun with people on April Fool’s Day...but Mimmo’s luminescent strings really took away any desire to follow through with a punch line.

I did wonder if anyone would actually lick the strings...it made me think of this...

Top Bottom