Kamaka pineapple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jddewitt81

Reaction score
Kamaka pineapple white label 1973

I recently bought this because I love pineapples and I just had to compare it to my koaloha pineapple. I love both but I think the koaloha is probably a bit harder to come by so I will be letting this one go. I also have a Wunderkammer set to be built very soon so the money would help.

It is strung with brand new Oasis bright strings. Condition is very good overall. When I received it the top had slight separation by the soundhole. I humidified the instrument very well as it was a bit dry and it brought the seam back together. I glued the seam and added a cleat behind the front brace for good measure. It probably could have done without the cleat as everything glued up very solid but I figured it wouldn’t hurt.

There was also a non original Hawaii seal logo on the headstock that I removed. There is still a small trace of where it was. Some light sanding and A new logo should help hide it if one decided to add a new logo.

I can’t be sure but the neck has either been reglued at one point or it wasn’t done very well from factory. It feels very solid and regardless of how it looks intonation seems to be very good for a soprano. In fact I think the intonation on it is a bit better than my koaloha.

There is some wear here and there and a small crack on the tail. See pictures. It is very clean overall and even with these issues it is one of the nicest pineapples I’ve personally seen. It should make a great player for years to come.

$375 shipped with a Steady gig bag. USA only. Paypal!

Please see photos in my album

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1oxY8ZFxTjk5ucg22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom