Pekelo's hawaiian ukulele method level 1 & level 2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJFN

Reaction score
Level 1 in excellent condition barely used, CD included.

Level 2 in new condition, CD envelope unopened. Book never used.

Sold as a set only.

Price $70.00 Firm Shipping Included Continental USA only.

As everyone knows, these books are hard to find.

Is this for a beginner to start off the uke right??? I am unfamiliar with the uke world propaganda...LOL! I know of the Bert Casey guitar training aids but not the uke stuff. My daughter has a uke coming to her for making A-B honor roll and I want to get her into music if she wishes to be and the uke being small in size I figured best over a guitar with less strings to worry about too.

As much as I would like to say yes, I can't in good conscience say it is for an absolute beginner. Although the lessons are clear, I think some ukulele experience is necessary. Not a lot, but some.

As much as I would like to say yes, I can't in good conscience say it is for an absolute beginner. Although the lessons are clear, I think some ukulele experience is necessary. Not a lot, but some.

I understand totally and have been honest like you to others when I had things to sell. In fact, I have probably talked more people out of buying from me on certain things because it was not exactly what they needed. I will ponder it however.

I have Book #1, it is an excellent beginners book. The front cover calls it "A book of basic fingerpicking technique using traditional Hawaiian melodies", it is exactly that.

Can't comment on vol #2 as I have yet to receive it.

I have Book #1, it is an excellent beginners book. The front cover calls it "A book of basic fingerpicking technique using traditional Hawaiian melodies", it is exactly that.

I would agree with this. I have both books and would say that book 1 is good for beginners and book 2 builds upon what you learned. As JJFN mentioned, these books are rather difficult to find.

The tabs on these make them easy to read and follow along. I like his method for proficient playing. It is actually better for the beginner to learn this method first vs learning bad habits. The thumb picking/plucking is a bad habit that most beginners learn because they see it done commonly, and it is easy. This develops better technique which is done by more advanced players anyways. Book 2 is similar to book one, here is a link for a sample.

http://www.pekelosbooks.com/b2_pages_02_09.php

The beginner will grow, no matter how much of a 'beginner' they are.

If you are not going to get these, let me know. I want another copy of them if you don't!

Hello valde002, I think I saw where you purchased these books. I was on the fence about whether they would be appropriate for a beginner. Do you think they would work in this case?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom