Resonator, what to do about it?

Lapyang

Reaction score
I need some help with resonator.

I just bought a tenor resonator (tuned re entrant) on a whim, not knowing much about resonator in general. The sound is certainly different from all the other Ukes I have.

What kind of music would one play on a resonator? Blue grass? Classical? Linear vs re-entrant tuning on a tenor size? Wound vs unwound strings? Do I use regular strings or are there special resonator strings? How do you clean the metal parts?

Thank you.

I need some help with resonator.

I just bought a tenor resonator (tuned re entrant) on a whim, not knowing much about resonator in general. The sound is certainly different from all the other Ukes I have.

What kind of music would one play on a resonator? Blue grass? Classical? Linear vs re-entrant tuning on a tenor size? Wound vs unwound strings? Do I use regular strings or are there special resonator strings? How do you clean the metal parts?

Thank you.

I'm far from being an expert player, but I have two resonators. I bought a Gold Tone, and I converted an Enya tenor into a resonator. I play whatever kind of music I have available. I bring it to groups and play along with them. I'd never want to limit my playing according to the uke I was using at the time.

I like my reso when jamming with an acoustic guitar.
Truth be told I really don’t love the sound of resonators but they are a useful tool and they look really cool.

Top Bottom