NUD: Tikan Soprano

Jerryc41

Reaction score
NUD: Tikan Mango Concert

I was browsing ukuleles on ebay, and I came across this beauty. It's a Tikan concert. I glanced up at the price and saw that it was only $90, so I clicked on Buy. I'm a sucker for a slotted headstock.

Tikan is a Canadian company that sells (Chinese-made ukes) on Amazon and Amazon.uk A man in Florida apparently buys these by the strum (That's the word for a bunch of ukuleles. Or at least it should be, if it isn't. :) ) and sells them on ebay. He's now charging $160.

This might be too much bling for some people, but I think it looks nice and sounds nice, and I'm bringing it to the group session today.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited:
Is it a soprano or a concert? Your thread title says soprano, but your post says concert?

Is it a soprano or a concert? Your thread title says soprano, but your post says concert?

Thanks for that. I like being able to edit posts at any time. Another forum I visit has a one-hour limit.

Yes, it is a concert - mango, but not spalted.

So, it’s got to be laminate at that price bit.......the wood looks great. I like the head stock. What is neck ,arterial. It seems to have a mice grain. Let us know how it sounds. Congrats. “He buys a strum of ukes to sell on eBay” ...that great.

Top Bottom