Enya tenor uke strings

Boomershakalaka

Reaction score
I recently purchased an Enya EUT-X1 and while I absolutely love the uke, I'm still on the fence regarding the strings. Apparently they're polymer carbon or whatever. I'm pretty sure all I've used are Aquila strings which are nylgut. I can't place the reason for my not digging these strings and while trying to find some documentation or opinions on these suckers, I noticed there's not much at all. They seem sticky or soft and I swear there's some barely-audible ringing or some other high-pitched noise. Does anyone use these or have experience with them? Any opinions positive or negative would be awesome. I'm not at a point where I'll change them yet but if I continue being vexed, they're gone. Hopefully some discussion and opinions will help. Thanks everyone in advance. You all rock.

Cheap Chinese ukuleles can be decent instruments, but I have yet to buy one that the strings were even mediocre.
Try Martin m620, Worth Clears, Living Water FCs, Southcoast, or ANY other reputable string.
I'm not crazy for Nyguts, but even these are very good strings.

I have both the HPL and a mahogany Enya. Frankly, the original strings are rubbish. You will find it so much more enjoyable to play with a decent set of strings. Currently I have Worth clears on the mahogany and Aquila Supernylgut on the X1. You nee a bright string on the X1 since it is low in treble.

I recently purchased an Enya EUT-X1 and while I absolutely love the uke, I'm still on the fence regarding the strings. Apparently they're polymer carbon or whatever. I'm pretty sure all I've used are Aquila strings which are nylgut. I can't place the reason for my not digging these strings and while trying to find some documentation or opinions on these suckers, I noticed there's not much at all. They seem sticky or soft and I swear there's some barely-audible ringing or some other high-pitched noise. Does anyone use these or have experience with them? Any opinions positive or negative would be awesome. I'm not at a point where I'll change them yet but if I continue being vexed, they're gone. Hopefully some discussion and opinions will help. Thanks everyone in advance. You all rock.

Strings are cheap, but putting several on and off can be a nuisance. Try Aquila or Martin M600. I converted my Enya Tenor to a resonator uke, with Aquila strings.

I have a Fender strung with low G...this will be my regular setup. I'm going to go with a set of Aquila strings I have lying about. Let ya'll know.

Top Bottom