Ammoon 21"

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Someone in our group got one of these pretty ukes from Alibaba, in China. I waited a few days for the price to drop from $60 to $36, including delivery, and ordered one. It just arrived, and it's just as pretty as his.

It's called an Ammoon 21", but that name appears nowhere on it. There is just the IZ on the headstock. Whatever it is, it looks and sounds nice, although it's not very loud. As you can see, it has a shallow body, but the back has a generous curve.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited:
I am immediately suspicious of any instrument whose primary advertised dimension is the size of the box it fits in. :p
But sometimes you get lucky. :D

I am immediately suspicious of any instrument whose primary advertised dimension is the size of the box it fits in. :p
But sometimes you get lucky. :D

If I hadn't seen one in person, I never would ordered it. It's funny about giving the size because I've seen others described that way, mainly foreign ukes on eBay. Rather than say soprano or concert, they say 21" or 24". I bought a Tikan that was described as Concert 24".

I purchased an Ammoon 24” cutaway with LED EQ, etc., thru' Amazon about a year ago. It cost less than $50 delivered to my door at the time, and I was impressed with every aspect of the piece. It was a nice little uke. I bought it as a gift for someone, but if I could have used a concert-size uke at all, I definitely would've bought another for myself.
As always, YMMV.

I just checked 'em on Amazon, and they're now selling for $63.

Hey Jerryc41 thanks for posting that! I ended up getting a solid black gloss one from aliexpress for around $30. I love this thing!! It is so small people ask me if it is still a soprano. I do want to share a couple of experiences:

1. I love the sound but a change of strings it comes makes it really great. The back is slightly rounded!
2. Lemon Oil the non-gloss parts...looked sort of weirdly dry to me. Ymmv i am no luthier or wood expert.
3. It is weirdly balanced where the headstock is heavier than the rest of the uke.
4. #3 not as big of an issue when i got a pick up put in. It now balances fine.
5. Putting in a pickup in this uke is not for n00bs like myself. It ended up i could not install a K&K spot, the one recced for most sopranos, because the bracing inside is different than most sopranos.

Totally worth it to me to have this sort of beater soprano i can go to gigs with since I am retiring the other one!

Top Bottom