PDA

View Full Version : For sale

lefty dan
05-11-2009, 05:31 AM
Just bought a martin so ukulele. Its in new condition. I just think a soprano is a little too small for me.
Anyone looking for one?
I can email a photo later.
225.00 you pay shipping??
Dan pm me at zenking12@yahoo.com
http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z158/zenking/?action=view&current=martinukulele001-1.jpg

Jraney
05-11-2009, 09:56 AM
$100 ship.T

Link
05-11-2009, 10:15 AM
For a Martin? It's worth more than $100 dude.

swervy jervy
05-11-2009, 10:30 AM
It's worth what someone is willing to pay.

NukeDOC
05-11-2009, 10:36 AM
For a Martin? It's worth more than $100 dude.

It's worth what someone is willing to pay.

... and what someone is willing to sell it for.

lefty dan
05-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I will keep it for that offer. But they go for 339.00 at musicians friend and more else where. I think 225.00 is fare.
Dan

Kanaka916
05-11-2009, 10:47 AM
$100 ship.T
The OP listed a specific price and not offers. If you wanna negotiate with the seller use the email provided.

swervy jervy
05-11-2009, 10:49 AM
... and what someone is willing to sell it for.

The buyer's figure as accepted by the seller is the sole determinant of the item's monetary value.

If the seller declines the transaction then the monetary value of the item remains undetermined.

lefty dan
05-11-2009, 11:15 AM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z158/zenking/martinukulele001-1.jpghttp://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z158/zenking/martinukulele002-1.jpg
Not a scratch or mark.
Just like new but cheaper.
Dan

MyScarGo
05-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Man,
I thought we were a community here.
$100 bucks is kinda of an insult.
Me personally, I would never post such an offer.
Reflects badly on the offerer.:mad:

I'll give you $110.00

K i d d i n g!!!:cheers:

No seriously, thanks for posting it here first.
Feebay would net you close to what you are asking, but you already know that.

Jraney
05-11-2009, 11:56 AM
I didn't know everyone would get their panties in a bunch about an offer. I was just starting it off with something, albeit a low something. No one has offered more have they?

lefty dan
05-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Myscargo,
I'm trying to avoid the site you mentioned. I was handling the martin to take photos and started playing it. Man it sounds good. I know if or when I sell it, it will be one of those "why did I do that things."

Jraney, I was not offended but for that offer I must decline. Got another more realistic offer I will entertain it.

Dan

Jraney
05-11-2009, 12:10 PM
That's fine and I perfectly understand, I'll let you know if I'm willing to raise my offer.

MyScarGo
05-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Myscargo,
I'm trying to avoid the site you mentioned. I was handling the martin to take photos and started playing it. Man it sounds good. I know if or when I sell it, it will be one of those "why did I do that things."

Jraney, I was not offended but for that offer I must decline. Got another more realistic offer I will entertain it.

Dan

"why did I do that things."

I try to avoid "WHY" and thats how I ended up with way more ukes than I have fingers to pluck with. That is of course is another Why all together

Again thanks for posting it here:shaka:

cpatch
05-11-2009, 12:36 PM
I didn't know everyone would get their panties in a bunch about an offer.
Live and learn.

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-11-2009, 09:35 PM
nice ukulele, but also... dont lie soprano

grappler
05-11-2009, 11:09 PM
nice looking uke, hope someone gets it

oteonghn
05-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Hi
Is the Martin Uke mexican made ?
any difference between US and Mexican made ?

Rgds
ong t h

lefty dan
05-12-2009, 03:02 AM
RGDS,
Yes in my opinion there is a difference in the two. I believe the made in Mexico ukuleles are the new ones. They have a raised foil Martin label on the headstock and a paper label on the inside. That label will say made in Mexico. The USA ones are older.
There is no kerfling on the newer ones. Some dont like that, but because there is no bindings there's no need for kerflings. The soprano has a small box and Martin takes advantage of as much of the inside room as possible. This martin sounds good. Plays good and is a quality instrument.
Some will disagree with me about a lot of this as its just my opinion. Your welcome to take a look at it, play it anytime.
Dan

dominicfoundthemooon
05-12-2009, 03:06 AM
i would have to agree..

if you are selling something it is only worth in REAL dollars what some one will pay in real dollars. i have a ton of basketball cards... and i used to tell my dad the book value.. he would laugh at me.. and tell me.. those things are not going to be worth anything.. "they are only worth what someone will pay" and he.. WAS RIGHT! sure we all know the book value of Martins.

i have a 1949 00-17 martin guitar that books for 3500-4000 any takers on that price.. not that i am selling.. but that is the book... now.. i watch ebay.. those 1949 sell for around 1000-1500

as for an offer being insulting.. i would not take it so personal.. the guy made an offer.. he took a chance.. the other guy said no i want more.. cool..

this means that to the seller the martin is worth more to keep than to give up for 100..

just my take on the deal..

i have been selling on ebay and clist for a long time... and whatever i get.. i get.. i dont post things i do not want to sell.. and when i do post.. i need the money.. so i say bring on all the offers you want.. and i will turn them down if i dont like them..

d

haolejohn
05-12-2009, 04:20 AM
$225 is a great price for one of these if one was in the market for a martin uke.

$100 offer is insulting when a price is stated. I once had someone offer me $85 on a $225 asking price. I didn't get insulted b/c I was too busy laughing at the stupidity and boldness of the offer.

dominicfoundthemooon
05-12-2009, 04:42 AM
$225 is a great price for one of these if one was in the market for a martin uke.

$100 offer is insulting when a price is stated. I once had someone offer me $85 on a $225 asking price. I didn't get insulted b/c I was too busy laughing at the stupidity and boldness of the offer.

i still dont think it was meat as an insult.. it might be all the person had.. now this is all a matter of opinion.. i think for things to be "insults" they have some kind of ill feelings to them..

i once put a ibenez guitar that i bought for 1000 on CL and i got offers from 100-400 on a list price of 700.. i ended up taking the 400 offer because i needed the cash..

sure i looked at the 100 offer like "are you kidding me" but not as an insult.. all this is just "stuff" anyway..

people can get testy over there stuff... i just don't think anything mean was meant by it..

for myself.. i tend to make my offers in private.. and i always try to get a deal.. if i saw 225... i would see if i could get it for 175.. and then if they came back with 200 go for it..

sometimes i find it is part of the fun.. in other countries the price on the item is not always the price.. you can work your way down.. once again.. just some thoughts..

i do hope the guy gets what he wants for this martin.. i find EBAY is a good way to get a TON OF VIEWS..

Kanaka916
05-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Not to be offensive, but this isn't eBay or CL. It's a community Marketplace for the benefit of the members. If the OP had stated $$$ or BO, that would have been entirely different. As I've stated in my previous post, negotiate privately via PM or email. AFAIK, there have been very good buys on quality instruments, and transactions between buyer and seller went quite smooth.

Fred Miu
05-12-2009, 05:16 AM
Not to be offensive, but this isn't eBay or CL. It's a community Marketplace for the benefit of the members. If the OP had stated $$$ or BO, that would have been entirely different. As I've stated in my previous post, negotiate privately via PM or email. AFAIK, there have been very good buys on quality instruments, and transactions between buyer and seller went quite smooth.

seriously guys, dont thread jack. its his choice to price it what he wants. let it be and if you want it, PM him.

lefty dan
05-12-2009, 05:16 AM
Isn't there a forum called uku talk for all of this?

dominicfoundthemooon
05-12-2009, 05:31 AM
seriously guys, dont thread jack. its his choice to price it what he wants. let it be and if you want it, PM him.

right on fred.. this is true... total thread jack.. sorry for my part in that... this is a good price.. PM the owner if you want.. i love martin!

oteonghn
05-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Hi Dan

may be we should negotiate the price off line.
mind emailing me at oteonghn@gmail.com ?
Am looking for a martin or kiwaya.
BUT not too certain. Thus, not quite prepared to pay too much.
But definitely more than USD100

thanks
ong t h

lefty dan
05-12-2009, 05:46 AM
ONG, I just PM you.
Where do you live? City,State and Country??
Thanks
Dan

swervy jervy
05-12-2009, 06:09 AM
If Kanaka916 is saying this section of the forum is going downhill fast if people with no business in a transaction start crowing in on prices, I agree.

Fred Miu
05-12-2009, 06:17 AM
Isn't there a forum called uku talk for all of this?

there is. and as of oteonghn, it is now your thread to sell your ukulele.

-mahalo.

lefty dan
05-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks Fred.

Hey is it ok to bump this up?

Also I just posted on CL so if anyone is thinking about it, Id sure rather sell to someone on this forum.
Dan

lefty dan
05-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Martin sold for more that asking price.!!

Kanaka916
05-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Congrats on the sale!