Hawaii Music Supply "Cart" Question

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I put a uke into my cart on the HMS site, and I see there is also a set of Gotoh tuners in the cart. I cannot delete them. They won't be open for another ten hours, or so, and they never respond to my emails, anyway. I don't even know what tuners I would be getting if I let the order go as is - no details given.

I tried entering 0 for quantity, but it just goes back to 1. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Trying to delete the tuners, my total bill went up to $5,900,000,146. I think that's a bit over my credit card limit. ;)
Now it's down to $59,000,146. We're getting there. : )

EDIT AGAIN: I registered under a different name and started fresh, but then I saw the shipping charge, so I'm ordering from Elderly or UkeFan. Still, is there a way to delete what's in the cart?

HMS Cart.jpg

Last edited:
I think that's the quickview for the cart. Below that there should be a small link "view shopping cart". Try deleting from the full cart view screen.

...so I'm ordering from Elderly or UkeFan. Still, is there a way to delete what's in the cart?

Or try mimsukes or ukerepublic :shaka:

I think that's the quickview for the cart. Below that there should be a small link "view shopping cart". Try deleting from the full cart view screen.

Thank you. That's correct. Sometimes certain devices or browsers can have issues. We're always trying to make sure we're up to date on those things but it's always a work in progress.

Jerry, you emailed in the middle of our night and I emailed you back this morning and took it out of your cart. Why the disparaging remarks again here. You know we're trying our best and I've always gotten back to you within a day of your emails from what I can see in our history. I don't get it.

I really think we all need to think before we post something disparaging about a company/business that serves us all. I know I always use the rule of DO NOT HIT THE SEND button on an email that I might have composed when upset until 2 hours later. I suggest something like that here. Really, this can have lasting damage to a business.

While I don't know the particulars here, I can only express my dealings with Andrew, Joel, Corey and Zach. They have been the epitome professionals and above board in my dealings with them. I have even texted Andrew and he responded directly to me. However, I take into account the 6 hour difference in our timezones as well.

Jim

Thank you. That's correct. Sometimes certain devices or browsers can have issues. We're always trying to make sure we're up to date on those things but it's always a work in progress.

Jerry, you emailed in the middle of our night and I emailed you back this morning and took it out of your cart. Why the disparaging remarks again here. You know we're trying our best and I've always gotten back to you within a day of your emails from what I can see in our history. I don't get it.

Sorry for "the disparaging remarks" - just based on past experience. I've had trouble ordering on your web site and gotten no response from emails and phone calls. Still, I tried to place an order for another uke - my fourth from you. You sell good products at good prices and do a good setup. When ordering becomes difficult or impossible, it's frustrating. Members of my ukulele group have had similar frustrating experiences trying to order from or contact HMS.

I really think we all need to think before we post something disparaging about a company/business that serves us all. I know I always use the rule of DO NOT HIT THE SEND button on an email that I might have composed when upset until 2 hours later. I suggest something like that here. Really, this can have lasting damage to a business.

While I don't know the particulars here, I can only express my dealings with Andrew, Joel, Corey and Zach. They have been the epitome professionals and above board in my dealings with them. I have even texted Andrew and he responded directly to me. However, I take into account the 6 hour difference in our timezones as well.

Jim

Yes, I understand, and I will try to monitor my comments more carefully. I should not have said, "...they never respond to my emails..." Substituting "seldom" would have been more accurate. My reason for posting was to find out how to delete something from my cart. I have had trouble ordering before, and I have not gotten responses to phone calls and emails. When things go smoothly, there's nothing but praise. I have bought from all the other major sellers - and some minor ones - and all those transactions went smoothly. If I had a question, I got an immediate answer from a chat, a phone call, or an email.

Clearly I can't speak for anyone else's experience, but i have had nothing but excellent experiences with HMS. I believe they are unmatched when it comes to personal care, inventory, integrity, prices and store policies. I haven't had an email go unanswered. My phone messages have been returned. They have worked to make certain I am satisfied. I suppose if I expect Andrew to email me while he is sleeping, I may be disappointed however.

So let me get this straight - this wonderful thread is ultimately the result of user error? And yet the OP still leaves this thread up and continues to gripe about HMS in his additional responses?

Last edited:
Clearly I can't speak for anyone else's experience, but i have had nothing but excellent experiences with HMS. I believe they are unmatched when it comes to personal care, inventory, integrity, prices and store policies. I haven't had an email go unanswered. My phone messages have been returned. They have worked to make certain I am satisfied. I suppose if I expect Andrew to email me while he is sleeping, I may be disappointed however.

So let me get this straight - this wonderful thread is ultimately the result of user error? And yet the OP still leaves this thread up and continues to gripe about HMS in his additional responses?

I agree with you..if you look back at most of the OP past threads he complains over and over....not sure what his motives are but as many can see he does not have the UU members ears...so not sure why he keeps adding to his comments

Andrew has given out his personal cell number 808 781-9168 many times,you can call or text him directly and will answer if he is awake....
btw Andrew is the owner of HMS not sure if OP knows who answers his threads....

I agree this and all the other threads with negative remarks that Andrew has taken care of for the OP should be closed..

Last edited:
I CANNOT say enough great things about Andrew, Corey, Kalei, Noah, Zack, Aaron etc. at HMS. What we see is a company that goes WAAAAY beyond any business I have ever seen in trying to actually encourage and develop musicians...who happen to play ukulele. Andrew has spent countless thousands of hours constantly changing their site to include hundreds and hundreds of reviews, scores and scores of TAB sheets coupled with videos of absolute top players playing them so we can learn these at ABSOLUTELY NO COST. In addition there are scores of videos on how to play, tune, etc. Just WOW!

Are there bugs in this constant alteration and enhancement of their site? Yes. I've seen them. But NO ONE is in our corner trying to help us like this company. They are BUSY and if you look at the shops they are tiny. HI is expensive. Andrew isn't driving around in a fancy car. ALL the staff are down-to-earth folks who love music and share what they have readily and VERY HUMBLY.

Our lives are far richer because of my exposure to this company. I only wish I had more money to buy NEW ukes to support their efforts.

BTW - one thing we have done is offered a place to stay for them FREE OF CHARGE if they ever decide to travel to gigs on the mainland. As you can imagine, uke gigs don't pay much and we can all make it easier to promote what we love with incredible musicians like Corey and Kalei traveling around the U.S. and elsewhere with our help on overhead. What a privilege to support these folks. If many of us did this across the country and the world we could dramatically increase the popularity of ukulele, grow more clubs etc.

Thank you Andrew and staff (this includes the father who has also amazed me with his response to some issues) for changing our lives...one note at a time.

Mark and Dee Dee

Last edited:
Top Bottom