Pics or it didn't happen? Here it is...

TheWannabe90

Reaction score
The 2nd International Belgian ukulele festival...
It was really great!

I got to meet Mr Ken Middleton, he was promoting Ohana on the festival.
Here he is with some very nice Ohana's
picture.php

He is a very nice and friendly man to meet in person.
picture.php

I met Gus and Fin! They are also two very friendly guys
picture.php

They even gave me this awesome badge
picture.php

this post makes me officially a SENIOR

There was a workshop with Ukulelezaza

Some other great performances where from
Yan Yalego

Max e Veronica A real must see for every ukulele and or guitar lover!
Look them up on youtube...
picture.php

Another nice link is THIS, it is in Dutch but it gives a nice idea of the festival...

It was a great festival. I am glad to have met some awesome people and I hope to see them again on the next edition! :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Another nice link is THIS, it is in Dutch but it gives a nice idea of the festival...

It was a great festival. I am glad to have met some awesome people and I hope to see them again on the next edition! :eek:ld:

Not all of it was is in Dutch. I managed to speak some English.

But it was a great festival. There were a lot of really wonderful performances. And everyone was so friendly.

What I found really wonderful was meeting people for the first time, even though I already knew many of them really well.

KEN

Yes it definitely was a very nice festival, better than the first edition.

What I really like about small festivals such as this one is that you really get a chance to talk to the performers.

I think events like this are really a boost for my motivation to study my uke techniques.
Perhaps next time you can find me and/or TheWannabe90 on the free stage :)

Sounds like it was aweomse there. Maybe next time I can be able to come ;-)

Anyone come across any Irish people? A few members of our ukulele club were present.

Yes, I did. My friend Tony, myself and a couple of others had fun in his hired Merc driving to a venue without a map. It should have taken 6 minutes. It actually took the best part of an hour.

We all played together. Gus and Finn were terrific. So was everyone really. Everyone played well. Tony volunteered me to play. I don't remember words well - I even forgot the words to Knockin' On Heaven's Door. No-one seemed to care.

KEN

Yes, I did. My friend Tony, myself and a couple of others had fun in his hired Merc driving to a venue without a map. It should have taken 6 minutes. It actually took the best part of an hour.

We all played together. Gus and Finn were terrific. So was everyone really. Everyone played well. Tony volunteered me to play. I don't remember words well - I even forgot the words to Knockin' On Heaven's Door. No-one seemed to care.

KEN

That's brilliant. I'll hear stories this weekend then ;)

Maybe when I'm a bit older I'll make it out to Belgium.

Thanks man! I'm hoping to meet with Ken, but there's no real festival that I know of here anytime soon. Guess I have to check it out...

:eek: Tell me what you find out Baron :D
If there is a festival in Stockholm I think I'l go there, hehe. Not such a long drive ;-) or flight :nana:

Top Bottom