Best Thumb/left Hand Brace for Fretting

johnnysmash

Reaction score
I would like to know from others who suffer with thumb pain and have found a glove/support that works and at the same time allows you to play guitar or ukulele.

What is the proper name of the glove/support. Purchased from where? On line link would be great since I will have to order online.

I don’t know of a glove or brace that would help, maybe there are some out there and others may suggest some. I used to have issues with pain in my thumb but I have worked on technique so that there is little or no pressure on my thumb now even for barre chords. Use your body as a fulcrum and push in on the lower bout of the uke with your right arm this will push the neck out against the fingers of your left hand. Hope this helps.

I know you are trying to find a fix and I feel your pain, literally.

You may want to see an orthopedic doctor to get a suggestion. I am inclined to think something that has more of a rigid splint that stabilizes and moves the pressure from your thumb to your palm or the heel of your hand might help. Basically have the splint absorb all pressure.

John

Edit added: FWIW... If I take my right index finger and push down on my left thumb (same pressure as fretting) it will hurt. If I put my right thumb under my left thumb to support it, the pain is almost non-existent.

Last edited:
Just curious if you've made any progress in finding a solution.

Top Bottom