PDA

View Full Version : What Truss Rod Wrench for Kala Baritone?

twokatmew
04-27-2018, 10:19 AM
Hi,

I'd like to make a slight tweak to the truss rod in my solid cedar top acacia baritone, but I can't find the correct wrench. Can anyone provide info?

Thx! :)

Bill Sheehan
04-27-2018, 11:32 AM
Hey Two, I have the entry-level Kala baritone, and would guess there's a fair possibility that it utilizes the same size truss receptacle as your cedar-top. If you'd like, I'll gladly send you the wrench that I have used on mine. Hopefully it would work for you. And you're welcome to keep it, as I have tons of them!
P.S. Have you checked out Samantha Muir's website?

twokatmew
04-27-2018, 12:08 PM
Hi Bill, thanks for your kind offer! I believe I probably have the correct wrench, as I have quite a collection. But it's hard to see what size is required. If you could tell me the size, that would save me from having to keep trying. :)

Just saw your P.S. I just checked out Samantha Muir's website and see she's got lots of classical ukulele arrangements. Thx!

Bill Sheehan
04-27-2018, 12:50 PM
Yes, and she's also a long-time classical guitarist gone uke-crazy! Sorry, Two, but I'm clueless as to being able to tell you what size that wrench is, as I'm also a trial-and-error kind of person!

kissing
04-28-2018, 03:35 AM
Pretty sure the 4mm allen key (which is the most common type in general) works on the Kala baritone.
It worked on my Makala baritone with truss rod - and they're made by the same people.

twokatmew
04-28-2018, 06:43 AM
Pretty sure the 4mm allen key (which is the most common type in general) works on the Kala baritone.
It worked on my Makala baritone with truss rod - and they're made by the same people.

TY! I'll give it a try. :)

twokatmew
04-28-2018, 07:29 AM
4mm is the correct size. Truss rod adjusted! Thx so much! :)

Bill Sheehan
04-28-2018, 10:49 AM
Awesome !! Glad you got it solved !!

twokatmew
04-28-2018, 02:00 PM
Awesome !! Glad you got it solved !!

Thanks Bill!

kissing
04-30-2018, 08:17 PM
I love it that Kala and Makala baritones now have truss rods. It was a very clever move for the company, as it helps THEM out on quality control and helps the BUYER out too when it comes to setting up.

twokatmew
05-01-2018, 03:30 AM
I love it that Kala and Makala baritones now have truss rods. It was a very clever move for the company, as it helps THEM out on quality control and helps the BUYER out too when it comes to setting up.

Yes! I wish more manufacturers would put truss rods in tenors, too. :)