What Truss Rod Wrench for Kala Baritone?

twokatmew

Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like to make a slight tweak to the truss rod in my solid cedar top acacia baritone, but I can't find the correct wrench. Can anyone provide info?

Thx! :)

Last edited:
Hey Two, I have the entry-level Kala baritone, and would guess there's a fair possibility that it utilizes the same size truss receptacle as your cedar-top. If you'd like, I'll gladly send you the wrench that I have used on mine. Hopefully it would work for you. And you're welcome to keep it, as I have tons of them!
P.S. Have you checked out Samantha Muir's website?

Last edited:
Hi Bill, thanks for your kind offer! I believe I probably have the correct wrench, as I have quite a collection. But it's hard to see what size is required. If you could tell me the size, that would save me from having to keep trying. :)

Just saw your P.S. I just checked out Samantha Muir's website and see she's got lots of classical ukulele arrangements. Thx!

Yes, and she's also a long-time classical guitarist gone uke-crazy! Sorry, Two, but I'm clueless as to being able to tell you what size that wrench is, as I'm also a trial-and-error kind of person!

Pretty sure the 4mm allen key (which is the most common type in general) works on the Kala baritone.
It worked on my Makala baritone with truss rod - and they're made by the same people.

Pretty sure the 4mm allen key (which is the most common type in general) works on the Kala baritone.
It worked on my Makala baritone with truss rod - and they're made by the same people.

TY! I'll give it a try. :)

I love it that Kala and Makala baritones now have truss rods. It was a very clever move for the company, as it helps THEM out on quality control and helps the BUYER out too when it comes to setting up.

I love it that Kala and Makala baritones now have truss rods. It was a very clever move for the company, as it helps THEM out on quality control and helps the BUYER out too when it comes to setting up.

Yes! I wish more manufacturers would put truss rods in tenors, too. :)

Top Bottom