Mystery Words on Old Ukulele

Citabria

Reaction score
Greetings! After 2 years of ownership, I'm still trying to figure out what these words on the back of the headstock are:) The last of the 3 lines is "Made in Hawaii" but I can't figure out the first 2 lines at all. Maybe someone out there has seen this before? Thanks for any help you may give...I am so curious! (P.S. I took the strings off and I'm going to change...what might be the best strings for this little old soprano?)

Attachments

• Aloha Uke 5 (1).jpg
    Aloha Uke 5 (1).jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Aloha Uke 2.jpg
    Aloha Uke 2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Can you repost that first picture showing the back of the headstock? It's really blurry when you open the full sized pic.

Can you repost that first picture showing the back of the headstock? It's really blurry when you open the full sized pic.

Ditto that request on the first photo. And Citabria, I would suggest trying a set of Martin M-600 soprano strings, although other folks here may suggest other good possibilities; I've had consistently good luck with the Martins.

Hi Westy,
Thanks so much for replying; the letters are real blurry but I have a better picture I think...I just can't figure out how to attach to this reply or to existing post. ??

Thanks, Bill! I had to do another post for the photo since my kids are in school and unable to provide technical counseling, ha. I checked and our local music store has the Martin strings so I'm going to pick up a set today.

Danke schoen, Old Boy! I appreciate the info:)

Top Bottom