FS: 1920's Gibson UB-1 banjo uke

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDW

Reaction score
FS- Gibson UB-1

This is a lovely vintage instrument. It does have some cosmetic issues, as we all do when we age! Probably the most significant is a gouge in the heel, although I never notice it when playing. Who needs to play up there on a banjo uke? You can see a crack in the shell. It is stable, but probably would not hurt to wick in a bead of superglue just to be safe.

It is a great player with really good intonation, great action and a nice vintage sound. The vintage tuner work great and all hardware works well. The head is a natural skin head. I recently put a new set of Aquila Sugar strings on which give it a really lively, yet warm sound. Thus is really charming and fun to play.

$325 shipped in the US. Send me a PM or email if interested.

UB1-1.jpgUB1-2.jpgUB1-3.jpgUB1-4.jpgUB1-5.jpg

Last edited:
FS- Gibson UB-1

This is a lovely vintage instrument. It does have some cosmetic issues, as we all do when we age! Probably the most significant is a gouge in the heel, although I never notice it when playing. Who needs to play up there on a banjo uke? You can see a crack in the shell. It is stable, but probably would not hurt to wick in a bead of superglue just to be safe.

It is a great player with really good intonation, great action and a nice vintage sound. The vintage tuner work great and all hardware works well. The head is a natural skin head. I recently put a new set of Nylguts on which give it a warm, yet vibrant sound. Thus is really charming and fun to play.

$335 shipped in the US. Send me a PM or email if interested.

View attachment 108681View attachment 108682View attachment 108683View attachment 108684View attachment 108685

That's a bargain, I have seen them for sale, for much more than this. Someone should snap this up, I used to own one prior to making my own banjo ukes. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the plug. Yes, it is considerably less than others I saw around the web.

This instrument is still available.

Last edited:
While I am afraid I am going to get killed on shipping costs, I'll give it one more try at $320 for a great player. PM or email me.

Sold! Someone got a sweet uke at a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom