Mainland spruce top tenor

Silvergirl

Reaction score
Does anyone have any feedback on the mainland spruce top tenor?
I want to get a tenor with that tone wood combination and put a low G on it. Hoping for that classical guitar sound.. like Pepe Romero tiny tenor.
Thoughts/recommendations?

No experience with the Mainland spruce top tenor, but I can personally attest that their cedar-topped rosewood baritone sounds very "classical guitar-like." Beautiful sound.

I have a mainland spruce top tenor with a misi pickup. It's one of my favorites with a very bright and balanced tone. Of the ten ukes I currently own, this one gets the most play time.

Thanks! They are such a beautiful ukulele. I've wanted to try one for a Long time. I really want to have one tenor with a low G. If I widen the nut for the low G, does that mean I could never go back to the high G? Would it buzz?

Often you don't need to file the nut just to use a low G on ukes, so you may not need to, & yes you will still be able to go back to a high G, if you want to - I've never filed out a nut on any of my many low G ukes, some of which have returned to a high G for strumming. :)

I've also successfully returned to high G on nut slots I have filed out so you should be fine. Nylon/flouro strings are so much more forgiving than steel strings in that regard.

I have the Mainland mahogany tenor that I have strung low g with a MISI pickup. My favorite uke to play. Very full sound, especially with Living Water strings. The nut did not need to be widened to accept the low G

Mainland setup

Thanks! They are such a beautiful ukulele. I've wanted to try one for a Long time. I really want to have one tenor with a low G. If I widen the nut for the low G, does that mean I could never go back to the high G? Would it buzz?

If you order directly from mainland they would be happy to include a nut for both low and high g setup upon request. The nuts on my mainland are not glued in but rather held in place with string tension.

That would be great! I didn't know I could do that. Thanks��

I had originally thought of getting the mahogany ... I would love to hear it, I f you have something recorded.

Top Bottom