Pro Arte Concert Strings Confusion

UkuEroll

Reaction score
I just recieved a set of Pro arte Concert Ukulele string J92s, on the outer packet it states...............1st-0.280, 2nd-0.0403, 3rd-0.0403, 4th-0.0280.
But inside I have one J4503 G-3rd, one J4502 B-2nd, and two J4501 E-1st.
Does anyone know if this correct?
Does this mean the B goes on the G string, the G goes on the C and the two Es are for the E and A string,I'm Confussssssssed.

I just recieved a set of Pro arte Concert Ukulele string J92s, on the outer packet it states...............1st-0.280, 2nd-0.0403, 3rd-0.0403, 4th-0.0280.
But inside I have one J4503 G-3rd, one J4502 B-2nd, and two J4501 E-1st.
Does anyone know if this correct?
Does this mean the B goes on the G string, the G goes on the C and the two Es are for the E and A string,I'm Confussssssssed.

I was similarly confused when I got a pack of D'Addarios recently. Mine has 2 strings of the same thickness (the thinnest of the bunch) and they were meant to act as the 1st and 4th strings (A and G), then of the 2 remaining ones, the thicker one is for your 2nd string (C) and the last on is for your 2nd string (E).

I hope this helps out :D

You might take a look at the top right hand corner of the individual packets - shows the diameter of each string. That's how it is for the J-71 set.

That's one thing I don't like about Pro'Atre and D'Addarios is that they use sub strings that are the closest to what the uke strings should be.If you open a pack of D'Addarios, the inside pack for the strings actually says guitar strings, while the outer pack says ukulele strings.

Top Bottom