Always being inspired by others

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
I have been finding it somewhat challenging of late getting bushings right. Aaron Keim inspired me to do a little work on the computer, 5 minutes on my CNC and 4 hours fettling and dedicating a hobby drill to make sure of repeatability and accuracy.

The title in the video refers to what I used to do before I got a Mevo camera (not working with Facebook today so I reverted to a shoot and edit upload). Condensing 5 minutes down to 45 seconds with a musical sound track recording of my assistant and me playing our 'workshop tune'.

Did you forget the video Pete?
Not showing up for me.

Too short and to the point. No plot or character development, blink and you might miss the climax.

And that is what the clip is about - getting the idea, not giving it away. I also detest blow-by-blow, long-winded videos. The shoot was 5 minutes long...

The problem with wooden drilling fixtures is that they soon wear out I would fit hard steel bushes into the holes...But that's just me :)

I'll just make another jig - as soon as I add another process into the equation I get variation - those bushes need to be press fitted accurately and accuracy is something that unfortunately is beginning to allude me hence my use of CNC technology where measurement is critical...

Top Bottom