Ono Ukuleles

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
I haven't seen much about Ono ukuleles, (maybe I just missed those posts), but like the 16 inch scale ukuleles, like Ohta San. When a 16 inch Ono was in the marketplace last fall, I decided to give it a try.

I wasn't sure about it at first, but then tuned down 1/2 step, & now have trouble putting it down. Lovely tone, great sustain, & so much fun to play. (I play finger style.)

The Ono I picked up from the marketplace is Claro walnut back & sides, cedar top, with a sound port.

UAS paid off well when I decided to buy the Ono.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Still here, still making ukes.

If anyone is interested, I have a 18" Amazon rosewood tenor with all the options that will be ready soon. It has a cosmetic flaw that isn't fixable but wouldn't be obvious to most people. This makes it a "second," so the price will be reduced.

If anyone is interested, I have a 18" Amazon rosewood tenor with all the options that will be ready soon. It has a cosmetic flaw that isn't fixable but wouldn't be obvious to most people. This makes it a "second," so the price will be reduced.

If this was a 15 or 16 inch, I'd be hoping to become its new home.
But, someone is going to get a fantastic ukulele, apparently at a great price.

I've become a big Ono fan, (even if I keep thinking of Yoko with the name. She does sing better than I do, so I try to avoid having anyone hear me sing.)

I have two 18" Ono tenors. I have one tuned GCAE and the other is tuned in DGBE or sometimes EAC#F#. I couldn't be happier with them and use them both on regular basis. The 18" scale offers just a little more room vertically, especially if you spend time in the upper regions of the neck. Hope someone jumps on the deal David is offering on the Amazon Rosewood tenor ~

A taste of mine recorded together ~

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Still here, still making ukes.

PM sent. I really liked your website!

PM sent. I really liked your website!

Dang, that IS a good looking web site. ;-)

Proud owner of a Ono Wahoo torrefied spruce/sapele tenor. My second Ono. Lovely uke!

I have two 18" Ono tenors. I have one tuned GCAE and the other is tuned in DGBE or sometimes EAC#F#. I couldn't be happier with them and use them both on regular basis. The 18" scale offers just a little more room vertically, especially if you spend time in the upper regions of the neck. Hope someone jumps on the deal David is offering on the Amazon Rosewood tenor ~

A taste of mine recorded together ~

This is beautiful! Are you a bluegrass music singer?

Top Bottom