Just found a new article on Taimane

cyber3d

Reaction score
Please you should have kept that "diamond" to yourself, instead advertise.

I can understand that she might attract some personalities like you, but most of us just care about music more than like her theatretical playing style.

I can understand that she might attract some personalities like you, but most of us just care about music more than like her theatretical playing style.

Wow. What negativity. Did not expect that here in UU.

I love me some Taimane, and didn't know her name means "diamond". Jazzy is a great guitarist, as well! :cool:

She’s amazing. She opened for Michael Franti/Spearhead at Red Rocks in Colorado, which I wanted to go to last year

What’s with the hate? Even if she didn’t dance, she’s probabaly a better player and understands the musicality better than 99% of us here. SMH.

Only a 44 hour drive from my place to the venue at Grass Valley.

...most of us just care...

I don't know who you're speaking for, but count me out. I suggest revising your statement to reflect your own dislikes rather than extrapolate this onto the rest of us.

Art is art. She follows her own muse and makes the uke community more interesting and beautiful through her music. I love what she does and how she does it!

Thanks for the reminder, cyber3d. She's coming to the big room at Sierra Nevada brewery this coming Tuesday. Just bought tickets. Dinner, dessert and a show with my sweetie.

Wow, I live in Grass Valley and this is a great venue. I may have to juggle my mother's day plans...

Don't want to stir the pot unnecessarily here, but Jarmo, it appears to me that Cyber, in the opening post, was merely quoting, word-for-word, the title of the "linked" article (which title utilizes the word "diamond"); I don't think Cyber was per se expressing a personal opinion.

Don't want to stir the pot unnecessarily here, but Jarmo, it appears to me that Cyber, in the opening post, was merely quoting, word-for-word, the title of the "linked" article (which title utilizes the word "diamond"); I don't think Cyber was per se expressing a personal opinion.

True enough Bill. But, you know even with that, I think everyone here can agree that his comment and attitude are not really welcome in a forum like this. He got a bit personal referencing my personality when he doesn't even know me. It was somewhat troll like IMHO.

Your point is valid and well-taken, Cyber; I would encourage Jarmo to think about it, and to consider extending an apology to you.
With that, I will rest. Hoping everyone has a good evening!

True enough Bill. But, you know even with that, I think everyone here can agree that his comment and attitude are not really welcome in a forum like this. He got a bit personal referencing my personality when he doesn't even know me. It was somewhat troll like IMHO.

Yes cyber3d, I was wrong in my post regarding personality as I don't know you.
Wanted just to express my dislike to her videos. I have not for many decades also liked any James Bond movies. Some do though.

Thats just me and my personality sigh :(

Yes cyber3d, I was wrong in my post regarding personality as I don't know you.
Wanted just to express my dislike to her videos. I have not for many decades also liked any James Bond movies. Some do though.

Thats just me and my personality sigh :(

You're a good person Jarmo. Thanks for responding!

I saw Taimane last night in Grass Valley. She puts on a great show. I enjoyed it. I also love her accompaniment with Jonathan playing cajon, and Jazzy Jazz on guitar. She plays all sort of styles and has a lovely voice, along with Jazzy. I would definitely recommend seeing her if you get the chance. She's playing Chico, Santa Cruz, and San Jose this week before heading back to Hawaii.

Top Bottom