Fred Sokolow, uke workshop @ Gryphon Strings - July 28th

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'd definitely attend if I lived near by. I have 2 of his books (Uke Bluegrass and Beatles), give them both 5 stars.

Sounds good, but a lot of money for a one hour group class...
Ron

I will judge post the class.. like I said, most of my learning as been on my own without any real human interaction.. so I am very excited!

FYI: NorCal is expensive.. this is the kind of money people pay for a 40 min private class with an upcoming fresh music graduate... so a group lesson with a more established artist seems reasonable..

FYI
I live in Northern California
Monterey.....

I've attended a couple of Fred's classes and bought a couple of CDs from him. I don't think that I attended those workshops specifically, but they tend to overlap, so I'm sure that I learned some of the stuff that he will be teaching. The chord progression class looks really good. I'm big into learning chord progressions. I think that you will come out of them with a better understanding of what you can do with the ukulele. Fred is also an inspiration and he really energizes people. Remember to let us all know how it went afterwards. Lil Rev is also very good, and last year I attended a music festival where both Fred and Lil Rev taught workshops. Then they both got together later in the festival and showed their stuff. It was great fun. I think that it is worth the money.

Last edited:
Top Bottom