PDA

View Full Version : Tried the Anuenue UT200

gizzard
05-14-2018, 01:24 PM
Visited Taiwan where I tried the Anuenue UT200. Got a chance to chat with the owner of Anuenue - he showed me his custom Koa Moonbird (wow).

Maybe Im just imagining things, but the sound of the UT200 blew my PONO AT out of the water. Then again, it is 3x the price :-p

Ive never tried K brands - has anyone tried the UT200 in comparison to the premium Hawaiian Ukes?

jake_albert
05-14-2018, 02:11 PM
I prefer the same price level pono

melensdad
05-14-2018, 02:23 PM
I covet the UT200. It is my dream uke. Or at least one of my dream ukes.

Currently I own an aNueNue Custom Maui Mango III and while I love it, I actually prefer the tone from my mango Romero Creations Tiny Tenor. Can't speak to the Pono, never owned or tried one of those. That said, my aNueNue is an impressive instrument and a joy to play.

You may want to head over to this review ==> https://www.gotaukulele.com/2016/11/anuenue-ut200-mood-bird-tenor-ukulele.html

Choirguy
05-14-2018, 03:48 PM
I think Tobias Elof plays one of these (I love his music...it makes sense to my European Western Music background). I thought that there were no more US dealers of Anuenue (my local store did carry some in the past)...and every time Tobias appears on the Ukulele Site Podcast, Andrew talks about carrying that model.

melensdad
05-14-2018, 03:57 PM
I think Tobias Elof plays one of these (I love his music...it makes sense to my European Western Music background). I thought that there were no more US dealers of Anuenue (my local store did carry some in the past)...and every time Tobias appears on the Ukulele Site Podcast, Andrew talks about carrying that model.

I don't think there is any distributor/dealer in the US currently. At least none I can find.

gizzard
05-15-2018, 02:51 PM
There are rumors of HMS picking up the line. Im thinking im going to pick up a UT200 on my next trip to Taipei! Owner said there was a 6 month waiting list...

Mivo
06-20-2018, 04:40 PM
I owned the concert version of the Moonbird for a while, and it was an exceptional instrument. Craftsmanship, sound, materials, playability, sound and projection, it had it all, at a comparatively low price. Had it been made in Hawaii, it would probably have cost at least twice as much. I sold it to someone who enjoyed concerts more than I did, but still, this was a great uke.

Theblackegg
06-25-2018, 05:29 PM
Visited Taiwan where I tried the Anuenue UT200. Got a chance to chat with the owner of Anuenue - he showed me his custom Koa Moonbird (wow).

Maybe Im just imagining things, but the sound of the UT200 blew my PONO AT out of the water. Then again, it is 3x the price :-p

Ive never tried K brands - has anyone tried the UT200 in comparison to the premium Hawaiian Ukes?

I own one. I typically play low g but this is instrument is so bright and harp like it just really suited re-entrant tuning. Iíve played and owned a premium kanileaí ( Koa slotted) and Pono master series (cedar, acacia) but canít part with this. Itís truly remarkable instrument in my opinion easily as good if not better than a Kanileaí. Itís so playable and elegant, gorgeous tone and sustain that goes on, and on. I should mention Iím referring to the spruce/rosewood model.
But short answer YES as good as the High end Hawaiian made for sure.
Hereís a clip of me Ď not doing it justiceí.

George

https://youtu.be/HJFQZdaeiUM

Spicysteve
06-25-2018, 06:40 PM
Fabulous sounding ukulele and great playing George.
Appreciate you sharing.

Cheers,

Steve