Update: Ebay bargain '2nds' - Octopus surfaces!

Bales1983

Reaction score
Quick update on my '2nd' Octopus Soprano that arrived today. This was obtained from the link in my earlier thread here - http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?133090-Cheap-2nds-Ebay-UK-Octopus-Mahalo-Dolphin

As this was £11.99 I opened it expecting the worst, but to my surprise I had to go over it with a fine tooth comb to find any 'issues' Its a nice looking thing in blue burst (Pic1)

Not sure exactly which of these minor things ive found classed it as a second but if it means less than half price for something Baz commented on as the 'dolphin killer' Ill take 2nds every time!

Ive found a pin prick blemish (ignore the white 'starring' over it thats the metallic finish)(pic 2), a black spot where possibly the undercoat is showing through (pic 3) and a slight waver to the fingerboard edging (pic4).

All in all it plays well and as Baz said may just top my dolphin! Very happy with this!

pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic4.jpg

Lee

God bless cheap ukuleles!
I love them. They often don't need much to be acceptable, better strings a little action adjustment.

Top Bottom