Ever order ukes off Amazon.com?

HoldinCoffee

Reaction score
I'm nervous:uhoh:

The only thing I ever ordered from Amazon was a book and they screwed up at the warehouse. Eventually I got what I ordered, but it took some doing.

So I've been looking for a cheap baritone and ended up ordering one off amazon. Later, I noticed the product dimensions were ALL messed up. So then I checked a bunch of their other uke listings to find that a LOT of their product descriptions are wrong. They sell a lanikai that weighs 30 POUNDS?!! Good lord! Must be made of iron!

So has anyone had any luck ordering a uke or any instruments off amazon?

i wasn't even aware that they sold ukes.... to tell you the truth i don't i wouldn't ever risk buying an instrument on Amazon, they aren't nice to fragile stuff....

i wasn't even aware that they sold ukes.... to tell you the truth i don't i wouldn't ever risk buying an instrument on Amazon, they aren't nice to fragile stuff....

I haven't had a single product come from them damaged.

Still, I wouldn't buy any ukes from Amazon. MGM has a much better selection; Amazon doesn't even have his exclusive set-up.

Yeah, I think I may have screwed the pooch on this one. When ordering online, go with MGM; I know this. Acursed blockbuster savings! Its a Mahalo so I already have the new strings and a nut and saddle replacement ready to go if necessary. I'm just hoping they send the correct uke on the first try and that its not damaged. If not I shall send a strongly worded letter to their customer service representative.

:mad::D:biglaugh:

edit: WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?!

Last edited:
I have a friend that ordered off of Amazon. Got an Oscar Schmidt. He seems to be happy with it... I myself have not had expirence with it...

Amazon has many partner stores out there. When you order a uke from Amazon, it is not actually coming from Amazon, it comes from a partner retailer.

I have bought some things from Amazon and saved money in the process. I bought leather mocs (calf-high, black, w/fringe at the top). The one problem I had was a book where half of the pages were upside down. They reshipped right away... problem solved.

My own books (I have written five) are sold on Amazon.

I think it's a great site. I ordered one of mine and one for my friend off there. Someone else said it though already, they ship from actual music stores and warehouses not from like big omni-Amazon building. :)

I get part about individual stores... The one I purchased from was named Amazon, LCC. :uhoh:

Its the website that bothers me. A 30 pound Lanikai?!! COME ON! And that one wasn't even the baritone!

I, personally, wouldn't go through Amazon. As already said, most of the ukes on Amazon are sold by other companies, so why not just skip the middle man? If you are looking for a Lanikai or Oscar Schmidt, musiciansfriend.com or music123.com would be better options. But, even with them it is iffy. Your best option is to go through MGM.

I, personally, wouldn't go through Amazon. As already said, most of the ukes on Amazon are sold by other companies, so why not just skip the middle man? If you are looking for a Lanikai or Oscar Schmidt, musiciansfriend.com or music123.com would be better options. But, even with them it is iffy. Your best option is to go through MGM.

It was impluse, a brain-fart. I figured I want a cheap baritone. CHEAP being the operative word here. The cheaper the better. And of course Mahalo, what's cheaper than Mahalo? (Answer: Rogue)

So anyhoot, I got an email from Amazon with a shipment tracking number so I checked it and its on the way! ALL THIRTY POUNDS OF IT!!! How the Hell can a 2.5 pound ukulele now weigh 30 pounds? Honestly, I fully expect to find three bowling balls on my doorstep next week.

Last edited:
I purchased a Violin from amazon. I have the amazon.com Visa so I get rewards and purchase almost everything from them, even a lot of my groceries. It came in a box completely unscathed and is a very fine instrument, and it WAS sold by amazon, not a partner. They recently started selling instruments.

Also no one likes having problems but their customer service, while nowhere near MGM, is very nice and easy to deal with and they'll go out of their way to fix any problems. I've had all good experiences with amazon, personally.

The Mahalo baritone arrived, shipping was quick, and there was no shipping damage. So props for Amazon.com for that. However, the Mahalo U320B deluxe baritone is listed as having an arched back and this back is as flat as any uke I've ever seen. I think there are two Mahalo U320 Bs. One is called deluxe, and I ordered the deluxe but was sent the NON-deluxe.

Advise to the wise, if you plan on ordering from Amazon.com, be prepared to deal with customer service! Personally, I'm gonna keep this one and abuse it often!!:D

MAHALOS!:music:

Top Bottom