FS: Kiwaya Famous FS-5G with Gotoh UPTs & gig bag - $250

Status
Not open for further replies.

13down

Reaction score
DAA1386C-35CE-44AD-A4B5-AE97BA0CD47D.jpg6AF033B2-7F98-4835-8B22-88D4DF0FB538.jpg13926467-B6B9-4484-9C30-55878C4A91A0.jpgDC32D9A2-57C9-4A07-94A8-F086F6C51C0F.jpg

Bought this just a couple months ago and have been playing it ever since. However, I'm paring my uke collection down to as few as possible, and I just bought another ukulele (also by Kiwaya Famous), so this one is going.

I installed gold-amber Gotoh UPT tuners that I think look awesome - they really match the color of the wood and the logo on the headstock, in my opinion. They're also lighter than geared tuners and better than friction tuners - if you don't already know about them, I recommend reading about them on this forum and elsewhere. They are a true upgrade, even though the removal of the previous tuners did leave tiny screwholes in the headstock.

This is almost the same as the Kiwaya KS5 - it is, in fact, the Japanese version of that model. The only difference between them is the gears - this one has gears, while the Kiwaya has friction tuners. This one has UPT tuners, which, I think, makes it better and better-looking than either standard model.

If you don't know much about this model to begin with, I think its too biggest selling points (other than my upgrade) are that it is laminate, but sounds better than most solids, and that it has a 38mm width at the nut, which I find to be very comforting to my fingers.

Shipping free in North America, will be calculated if international.

Let me know if you want any more pics or info!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom