Studio Ghibli - Moving Castle theme song "Promise of the World"

SoloRule

Reaction score
I came across this piece of music last night . Although I have never heard of the tune but I recognized the name - Joe Hisaishi who is Corey's favourite piano composer.

Many of you often asked about songs that Corey Fujimoto plays in his uke demo on HMS site. Corey plays a lot of Hisaishi's music especially the Studio Ghibli songs and this one is from the movie Moving Castle - Promise of the World. Many people covered this tune on piano and violin. Here is my ukulele cover using Ko'olau.

Thank you for watching.

Last edited:
Boy that sounded soooo nice. That Koolau has a marvelous tone.......make sure you keep that, don't ever think of selling it. Unless it is to me, I will keep it and love it, promise.

Great job as always Brenda

Such a beautiful tune well played Brenda. I am going to have to research more about Studio Ghibli as I confess I have never heard of him. Great tone by the way!
Mike

Boy that sounded soooo nice. That Koolau has a marvelous tone.......make sure you keep that, don't ever think of selling it. Unless it is to me, I will keep it and love it, promise.

Great job as always Brenda

Dave as you know I moved all my ukes upstairs to a smaller room. I notice a difference in sound ! So I really didn’t need to buy so many ukes. All I needed is a smaller room. Ha ha
I agreed , I am blessed that I still have this Koolau. I am finally starting to appreciate Koa sound and this one is truly special just as Corey promised!

Beautiful playing! Thank you!

Kevin, thank you for watching !

Such a beautiful tune well played Brenda. I am going to have to research more about Studio Ghibli as I confess I have never heard of him. Great tone by the way!
Mike

Lots of great composers outside North America
I really think this type of melody is best suited for my fingers style! Glad you like it.

Sweet playing, Brenda! Yes, Joe Hisaishi has composed a lot of great music for Studio Ghibli films -- Totoro, Laputa, Mononokehime... the list goes on. He has the gift of creating memorable melodies. I hope you'll do more of his stuff!

Thank you Joseph and John.
I would like to do more of Joe Hisaishi music too. They are so pretty and it seems to work extremely well for my fingers and brain . :D

Thank you Joseph and John.
I would like to do more of Joe Hisaishi music too. They are so pretty and it seems to work extremely well for my fingers and brain . :D

I got fingers.......and a brain, maybe. But the two just don't seem to be connected very well :wallbash:

I googled Joe Hisaishi and Studio Ghibli , kind of similar the Disney music in term of popularity .

Nice playing! Very pretty melody.

Wonderful! You know you are doing something right when it sounds like the piece was written for the ukulele! And Ko'olau makes a worthy instrument, I used to own one myself. Encore!

Wonderful! You know you are doing something right when it sounds like the piece was written for the ukulele! And Ko'olau makes a worthy instrument, I used to own one myself. Encore!

I never thought of it this way ! It’s a great insight
I was not a Koa fan. Suddenly I started to appreciate this uke. Every note is clean and has a bell like sound.
Corey Fujimoto put this one on hold for me ! It is very special.
Thank you for watching

Top Bottom