FS: Pono Deluxe Concert Solid Acacia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryc41

Reaction score
FS: Pono Deluxe Concert Solid Acacia $330, including shipping

SOLD
This a real beauty, and it sounds great. It’s solid acacia. I bought it in March from Hawaii Music Supply, and you know what a good job they do with setup. It’s had very little use because I have so many other ukes. I have to thin my collection, and I’m reluctantly putting this one up for sale.

It looks nice, it sounds nice, and the price, including shipping, is over $100 below what it cost me a few months ago. Pay with PayPal, and it will go out within one business day, Priority Mail, insured. Shipping included (CONUS) in the price.

01.jpg 02.jpg 003.jpg 03.jpg 05.jpg

Last edited:
These pretty Ponos do not have a radiused fretboard, right? I would love to have a concert acacia like yours if the deluxe model had the magic frets.

These pretty Ponos do not have a radiused fretboard, right? I would love to have a concert acacia like yours if the deluxe model had the magic frets.

This Pono does not have a radiused fretboard, but some Ponos do. Keep looking!

a beauty! Too bad my wife controls the budget.

Hi,
That’s a pretty uke.
Does it include a case?

Hi,
That’s a pretty uke.
Does it include a case?

I paid $55 + shipping for this case from HMS. The uke itself weighs about 1 lb 6 oz. The case along weighs 5 lb 8 oz. That's a big increase in the shipping cost. Would you want to pay $55 for the case, plus shipping the whole package?

I see you have a Roy Smeck. I was given one by a woman who used one in high school music class in about 1940. This one has the end of the fretboard painted onto the body. I've never seen another one like that. I also have a Vita and three cigar box ukes - and a Flea and Fluke. I have forty ukes altogether, so I have to sell some.

03.jpg 01.jpg

I have been playing for a 1 1/2 years and I have the disease already. Can't stop buying ukulele's. I have a lot of inexpensive ones. See, that way I can buy more! I can't wait to tell my husband how many you have! That way he will see I'm not really out of control.....LOL
That Smeck sounds pretty interesting. What a great find! I was foolish enough to think I would play mine. The action is way to high! I was a total newbie when I bought it (still kinda am). I still noodle around with it once in a while. I love my Flea! Will never give it up! I almost gave up trying to learn ukulele until I discovered the Magic Fluke Co. and there awesome instruments. I like my Vita, but I need to try some different strings. It's so boomy with the Aquila's. What strings do you have on yours?

I am very tempted by your Pono. I will talk it over with my hubby. If I buy it, I will buy it without the case. You made a very good point about shipping costs.
How is the action? I know you said HMS set it up and they do a great job. Did you ask for any particular set up? I like low action. I have had bad luck with getting any one to do a good set up in my area. They usually ruin the projection and volume. My two Ukes from Mims are perfect and sound great.

I have been playing for a 1 1/2 years and I have the disease already. Can't stop buying ukulele's. I have a lot of inexpensive ones. See, that way I can buy more! I can't wait to tell my husband how many you have! That way he will see I'm not really out of control.....LOL
That Smeck sounds pretty interesting. What a great find! I was foolish enough to think I would play mine. The action is way to high! I was a total newbie when I bought it (still kinda am). I still noodle around with it once in a while. I love my Flea! Will never give it up! I almost gave up trying to learn ukulele until I discovered the Magic Fluke Co. and there awesome instruments. I like my Vita, but I need to try some different strings. It's so boomy with the Aquila's. What strings do you have on yours?

I am very tempted by your Pono. I will talk it over with my hubby. If I buy it, I will buy it without the case. You made a very good point about shipping costs.
How is the action? I know you said HMS set it up and they do a great job. Did you ask for any particular set up? I like low action. I have had bad luck with getting any one to do a good set up in my area. They usually ruin the projection and volume. My two Ukes from Mims are perfect and sound great.

The action looks like about 2.5mm, and I didn't tell them how to set it up. At a recent uke event, I attended a workshop by Mim, and she said that some people want the action so low that it has a negative effect on the sound. Yes, she is good at setups.

I would like to buy it. I have never purchased anything on this forum. How do we proceed? I have a paypal account.

I just realized you posted a picture of the Smeck Ukulele. That is a really neat vintage ukulele!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom